Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pollen Filter

Ben Davy

Can you guys tell me where the pollen filter is in my iQ 1.33? I have the workshop manual and can't find it for love nor money. I have done some digging around under the dashboard and still can't find it. I want to have a look to see if it needs replacing or just cleaning a little.

It's behind the centre console, where the carpet meets the dashboard. It's a tall, thin piece of plastic. Unclip it (top and bottom) and it slides out.

Chris

You really need to feel for it. It's on the passenger side about half way up and like Chris says it's where the carpet meets the dash.

It's not easy to find and often gets forgotten. They're about £10 at an auto factors or about £25+ at Toytoa.

Good luck :)

I've done it. I took all the crap out of it. I take it that it should be white?! post-100797-140775487923_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ah yes, that proves a very good point.

Will get on the ol bay of e and see what I can find one for.

TBH yours ain't that bad, you can still see white bits! :lol:

The proper Toyota filters have a static charge so they attract a lot more dirt; I change mine every 2 years and by the 2nd year it looks like iQ-Chris' one - almost totally black - but with bits of dead wasp/leaves/twigs etc. (How do they get in there!?)!!

(Does freak me out a bit; Imagine that's what you're breathing in! :eek: I'm just glad I don't need to use public transport very often; My snot was that colour after a days riding on the london underground!!! :sick:)

FYI, if you have anyone with bad allergies, Toyota also do a 'super' filter that has a charcoal filter in it as well. Supposed to help with hayfever and asthma sufferers. Is a lot more expensive tho'!

• Like 3

Interesting, I didn't realise Toyota offers a filter upgrade. I'm paranoid about cleanliness so that could be a good buy for me!

Chris

• 8 months later...

Hi Chris

Thanks for the info, it saved me a lot of time looking for it. Probably would never of found it. Just a few observations to help others.

: A mirror & lead lamp or a torch is useful as it not easy to see.

: You only need to release the bottom clip on the cover as the top is located into a slot. Comes away easily. Then pull the filter out.

: Having access to compressed air is a bonus as the chamber where the filter sits has a quite a lot debris in it after the filter has been removed.

: Fitting new/cleaned filter is easy enough. Re-fitting the filter cover is a little fiddly as you need to locate the top into the slot before pushing the bottom clip in but using the mirror makes it easier.

Happy days

Worker Drone

• Like 1

I ran mine around the block with the filter out and air on full. Had a whole lot of debris on the carpet by the time I got back. Bit of a faf getting the new one in, would only go in one way up even though it looked the same both sides ?? Got to be worth doing. I dont expect mine had ever been done in 50k. Cheers Colin

• Like 1

I was very interested by the filter upgrade mentioned previously and since my wife had asked me to change the filter I thought I would enquire. I stopped off at the Toyota dealership on the way to work and asked about an activated charcoal upgrade. Unfortunately for my 59reg IQ3 there was only one filter listed. I bought one there and then for £14.66. It does not have the activated charcoal though.

See. http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-cabin-filters-the-secret-to-cleaner-air-infographic

Had no trouble getting one of the enhanced cabin filters for my Auris last year from Parts King - though don't think it is a common part for dealers to have in stock.

The person I spoke to was aware of the activated charcoal filters for other vehicles in the Toyota range. It was simply not listed for my IQ as a genuine Toyota part. I imagine you can get non Toyota ones though. Personally I always a little wary of getting non Toyota parts. I am sure they are fine if you know exactly what you are doing but they may not be so good if you do not.

Standard OEM cabin filters for IQ 1.0

WIX Filters - WP2052

FRAM Filters - CF10763

HENGST Filters - E2999LI

mann Filters - CU 28 004

No active carbon filter that I could find for iQ 1.0

There is no enhanced pollen filter for the iQ but there are many available for other models

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links