Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clicking Noise From Front Wheel

My first toyota

Ah, if the car has only covered 10,000 miles a drive shaft is less likely, how old is this car?

Hi Mike, the car is an 11 plate

So is the car less than 5 years old and if so how long is the warrantly on the car from Toyota and does it have full main dealer service history carried out by Toyota main dealers?

It has had three services in it's life, the first two were done @ Toyota before I owned the car. And a reputable dealership I bought the car from put a third service on it when I bought it before x-mas. I will have to look into the warranty thing as I'm not the first owner of the car.

If it's a 61 plate with low miles it will have the 5 year Toyota warranty, as long as the correct servicing has been done at the appropriate intervals. Generally speaking if it's been serviced by Toyota or another reputable dealer they'll accept the stamp in the book as proof, but if it's been serviced by a smaller garage it needs to be vat registered and the onus is on you to prove the servicing was done properly, ie receipts etc.

My money is on something to do with the brakes, and beware if it's not an actual component problem you'll probably have to pay.

Alan has hit the nail on the head but i am unsure if Toyota will say it has missed a sevice or two despite the low mileage. My own car at two years old, when bought, and only 2K on the clock still had all the main dealer services therefore still under warranty.

I feel you best bet is to put the car into a main dealer as long as they/Toyota will honour the warranty but if the fault ends up being a serviceable part then you will probably have to pay but if it is the driveshaft you should get it FOC but you must check before you book it in that they will do non serviceable parts under a good will gesture.

You are in a catch 22 situation and either way could be the correct decision or the wrong one depending on the outcome.

It is an open cheque, FOC or ?????? and it's a choice only you can make.

Mike.

It has had three services in it's life, the first two were done @ Toyota before I owned the car. And a reputable dealership I bought the car from put a third service on it when I bought it before x-mas.

am unsure if Toyota will say it has missed a sevice or two despite the low mileage.

If it's a 61 plate it could be late 2011, so would be due a first service late 2012, then late 2013, and then late 2014... So it might be up to date :)

The service is fully up to date, and I really wish I had better news for anyone who encounters this issue in the future.

So, on my lunch break today, I changed the wheel over for the space saver and thought, "I'll drive home and see if it makes a noise on this wheel", rendering the problem to the wheel/ tire.

As I left the work car park, the car did its clicking, but then, like magic, it stopped completely. Annoying right.

So I get home, and change the wheel back over for the normal alloy, take it for a drive around for about a mile, no noise, all back to normal. I'm really glad it's fixed itself, but I wish I knew if it was something stuck somewhere or something.

Thanks for the replies today though, much appreciated!

Luke.

Were the wheel nuts slack? That gives a click click click

Well, when I left the car park there was a slight clicking, but then it stopped, so I'm guessing this wasn't it

Tbh my clicking noise resolved itself as well. Didn't change anything because I was told to wait till the noise gets worse to determine where its coming from but the opposite happened.

Tbh my clicking noise resolved itself as well. Didn't change anything because I was told to wait till the noise gets worse to determine where its coming from but the opposite happened.

My logic is the the reason why the clicking stopped, is that the moving part and/or the stationary component that were making contact, have worn away sufficiently to stop hitting each other.

I bet if every component were stripped and inspected you will find the impact marks.

When I got new brake pads fitted on my old Yaris they would click when braking but it was always under 30mph. It's normal for that too happen.

• 4 months later...

You live 2.1 miles from work & you drive in? You do realise that your engine etc, needs about 10 miles to get to operating temp.

You are storing up problems for yourself in the future!!

• Like 1

Could be the drive shaft CV outter joint starting to show signs of wear, had the same/ similar problem bout a month ago. When I turned left I'd hear a 'click' from the NS. I found that if I held the car on the foot brake then rock back & forth with an abrupt take up and hey presto I found the joint clicking. Changed to shaft (ended up buying an entire shaft after attempting to get the joint off, even beating the living sh*t out of it it still wouldn't come off!!) and the problem was gone.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links