Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm New Here And Have Engine Problems

Irishg6rsr

Hi there. A friend told me to join the page to help get some advice.

I just recently bought myself a 1.6, year 2000 corolla SR/G6R I really don't know the difference, anyway it had been sitting up since November 2013 and I bought it last week, any way at first it was drinking oil (burning) no since I put about 600miles through it, it's not too bad as I first got it, about 200 miles will use half of the oil from full. I'm worried that it will keep burning and that I'll have to sell it on or break for parts, I was told that I can replace the seals or get a new engine which is too much money for me since I'm 19 and starting college, I was told there is oil out there that can help fill up the seals but not sure if it's a waste of time,

Thank you for reading this and thank you for your advice.

I think there is a product still available which you add to the oil, not an oil as such. It softens the hardened seals. I think my son used it in his car once and said it was OK but not a permanent fix. If it's the rings it won't sort that, but there used to be a product for that too. Why not go into a motor factors and see what they have. A decent factors should have good advice for you. Good luck.

Look on eBay for: Wynns Engine OIl Stop Leak. (Hope I'm allowed to mention eBay - apologies if not)

Thank you blue dad, would you say I'm better to sell it on? As I don't have a lot of money ATM

Thanks I'll give it a try. If it were to work, how long would you think it would last?

No idea but, as said, it's got to be worth a try. I would expect it to last at least from one oil change to the next according to what they say about not influencing oil change intervals.

Hello James - welcome to Toyota Owners Club