Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centre Exhaust Box

crustyclam

Hi,

My mot had an advisory for centre exhaust box leak. Replacement over £1000. eBay has replacement centre box for £125, stainless steel. Made by KFZ

Anyone used these? Are they ok to use on t180. Looks ok to me, but just want second opinion.

Thx

Lee

I seem to recall that Charlie fitted a SS box to his 180 but junked it because it was too noisey. I guess it depends upon the thickness of the steel or any sound deadening that might be fitted.

The KFZ exhausts are excellent. ......It's only recently that they've offered a stainless unit - previously they were mild steel. I wouldn't expect the exhaust note to be much different using stainless - it's the baffle arrangement and internal wadding that determines the note. It's listed for the 180 so should be fine but remember that aftermarket exhausts for the Rav involve cutting the old section just beyond the cat.

Hi, I bought this mid section from the internet, not bad for the price, It sounds a little tinny (as it probably has less baffles than a genuine Toyota exhaust) specifically you can hear the turbo kicking in and the variable vane spooling up.

Delivery etc was good

I can live with the noise to save around 700 pounds vs a Toyota system which is only available as the whole lot from the cat backwards

The optional mounting kit is a good call to fit it with and the old one will have to be cut off and then the remaining back box and front section need to be clamped on.

I think eurocarparts have a similar option now also.

Cheers

Max

Having read this back,I should add that mine is the mild steel, as as is thicker it might not be as noisy??

• 3 months later...

Finally got around to having this sorted, box replaced with stainless steel equivalent by a company in Bromborough called Cybrand £150 all in and a great job. Car was with them all in all just under 3 hours. The rest of the exhaust was in very good condition.

Hi mines had the centre exhaust as an advisory would you mind sharing with me the link on eBay for the KFZ you mentioned.

At the moment I'm struggling to get the runflats sorted as the 2 front have failed the MOT

Ok brilliant thank you for that. I think the option you mentioned maybe the better way to go about it