Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Wear On T Sport

1NZ-FE T SPORT

I do a lot of miles in my TS and only checked the tyres last month, but found with horror that they are now on 2mm, legal limit 1.6mm - time for change. :eek:

I wouldn't mind but the car's only done 11k! :angry:

I cover 350-400 miles per week.

Standard tyres are Bridgestone RE040 185/55/VR15s, I know they are a soft compound, but would have expected a few more miles out of them. I don't drive it hard, the rear are on 4-5mm still.

Just purchased some Michelin Exalto tyres, they are the best you can get, so I

hope I'll get a bit more wear!

Anybody had a similar experience?

11ks a good total for the bridgys as far as im concerned, average i would have thought is 8-9k

Thanx for that jaxx, nice to know it's not just me! :thumbsup:

By the way, how's the repairs going then?

Have you got all the parts you need now?

Remember, just give me a shout if I can help! :D

hi yeah not bad ive fitted the lower arm

will need a driveshaft (drivers side) tho! can ya sort me a good deal :D

I'll try & have a look this afternoon 4 ya. :thumbsup:

My T-Sport Came with Yoko's, Cant remember the name wasnt the S306 or the AVO sport?? but any how the fronts only lasted 7K!!!!

I then went cheep with S306's they lasted 14K but have got sod all grip :lol::lol::lol:

Lots of roundbouts where i live so tyre wear is worse then average but i was still hoping for at least 10K even with the soft grippy compound.

Niz

My 1 litre came with Bridgestones on them and the front done 30k :eek: and i'm replacing the back 1's this week, my car now having done 37k!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Are Yoko Advan A-043 tyres anygood? Got them on mine when I bought it. Not many grooves in them at all, deffiently dry tyres.

Aye..my fronts on Standard Bridgestones needed replacing at 11K.

I purchased the same ones again..as the grip is terrific...currnently done 12K on them...and I think that's around 70% wear...goes to show what the "fun" factor was for those first 10K!

Strangely, the Rear's are like new, 7mm both sides.

The Bridgestones are much softer though ...must be said.

Vipes

do you drive proper, or do you wheel spin alot?

my bros car has got 2mm on his treads at 10k miles

I was gonna post actually.... how many miles roughly until you need to change tyres?

I mean mines done 3000 almost and the tread is still practically new, so would it be every year or so or what?

Well i got 2 new front 1's when it wos 3 years old and had done almost 30k and i am just about 2 replace my rear 1's 4 the 1st time ever and the car is now 4 years old and has done around 37k!

Cheers :thumbsup:

Tyres will only need replacing when they reach the legal limit of 1.6mm tread.

As long as they are in good condition (not any cracks in the sidewalls due to age or any damage to them, ie. kerbing!) they will be ok until they have worn down to the wear limiters, 2mm markers across width of tyre.

And yes, I do give the car a good drive, but I don't wheel spin everywhere!

:lol:

My T-Sport came with Bridgestones as well, and they only lasted about 12k on the front, and 18k on the rear- sounds like that is pretty normal.

I've switched to Dunlop Sport now, which seem to be lasting a fair bit longer :)

Was chatting to one of the guys I work with yesterday, who owns an Audi TT. He has to change all four tyres every 6000 miles at £150 per tyre, which makes the tyre wear on our Bridgestones seem pretty good :)

teri has got the falken fk451 z rated jobbies all round, think shes had them a yearnow, but not sure what mileage, but they have shed loads of treaft left. Although she got them with the wheels, they were the same tyre & size as my previous ones and i got all four for £260 including balancing.

I've just got the same tyres but in 225x35x17's for £360 and hope to get fairly long life outta them, even thought the 4x4 does kain them sometimes.

I do like the falkens, but not all versions, the fk451's are nice.

B)