Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Type

Paulstreasure

Hi

I have just purchased a 2008 Toyota Auris in France, it is a D4D 2 Liter model, I would like to check the tyre pressures before starting a 600 Km trip tomorrow, when I looked in the manual it says that there are 5 types of engines fitted to these cars, with different tyre pressures for each model.

Does anybody know how I tell which engine my model has ?

From the carte Grise (log book) it says that the number to identify the vehicle is SB1KD56E40f021741

Thanks

There should be a plate on the front door ingo with the tyre pressures.

• Like 1

The engine in your Auris is the 1AD-FTV

• Like 1

Thanks very much Alan & Lee, I didn't fancy driving 1,200 Km on unknown tyre pressures.

Now to sort the next problem, after heavy rain in France last night, I have a boot full of water.

I presume this is the gaskets failing on the rear light clusters ?

I have driven corolla's for 30 years & they used to have this problem (normally just the right hand side), you would have thought Toyota would have resolved this issue by now !

it was right cluster for me, sealant sorted it, took 3 mins

• 9 months later...

Well 8 months on from purchasing the Auris from a Toyota dealer in France.

What a disgrace this vehicle has been :-

Apart from the boot filling with water from the cheap pieces of foam glued behind the rear light clusters.

after 2 months the engine overheat warning light came on, took it to Toyota local dealer " no problem we will ring you to arrange appointment" 1 month later no call, went back to dealer who put it on diagnostics, " do not drive it again, the head gasket has gone, we will have to fit a new engine", new engine fitted.

1 month later air con ceased to operate "we will have to recharge the system " this had been recharged when I purchased 8 months before !

1 month on, Oil warning light comes on, Manual says Do not drive and call breakdown, Breakdown comes "checks oil,do not drive car, I will take it back to dealer you must have a major oil leak"

7 days later call Toyota, "what is wrong with my car ?" "Toyota says, sorry nobody has looked at your car for a week, a mechanic has been on holiday, call back at 17.00 " call back, "your car is ready tomorrow"

Collect car "what was wrong?" Toyota Mechanic says " this new engine drinks oil, you must check & top up oil once a week"

Despite telling Toyota on 3 occasions the brakes are still sqeeling at low speed

What a disgrace for Toyota, I have driven Corollas for 20 years and was aware of some of the failings, but why do they not sort out the problems ???? surely they must be aware ? years ago they sold a quality product & could justify & charge a premium because of this, but now, they are a disgrace, rant over.

And have you ever tried opening any of the windows above 50 mph ? the noise will burst you eardrums

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links