Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Real World Mpg Of X Range Aygo's

casdawer

Hello everyone,

On Saturday I put an order in for the new Toyato X-Cite which I am very happy about.

I currently drive a Mazda3 which get's around 32 MPG thus why I'm moving to the more econmical Aygo.

The new Aygo apparantly does around 68MPG but I wanted to ask owners of the new Aygo, what you've been getting.

I do a 60 mile round trip journey to work which is mostly dual-carriageway so what kind of MPG should I expect?(driving the speed limit of course and not being heavy footed!)

The choice to get this car heavily relied on me getting the petrol saving that would cover the finance cost of the car (£143pm). I know that the Aygo isn't going to save me all of it, but I'd like it to cover most of it!

I have a new Aygo automatic and currently getting 56.5 mpg on a purely urban run. Took it for a longer drive the other day on faster A roads and averaged 69.4mpg with a more gentler driving approach but still driving at the maximum speed limit for those roads.

So I am really chuffed especially as its only got 300 miles on the clock. My previous mk1 Aygo and my wifes previous Peugeot 107 were also very economical.

I would imagine that few, if any, of the new generation Aygos members have will have done enough miles (at least 4000 or so) to produce their best mpg. It is also too new to as yet, have appeared on the Honest John Real mpg section.

The previous generation 1.0 litre manual did approx 88% of the official mpg figures - official mpg ranging between 61.4-65.7, whilst the real mpg was between 46.1-62.2, with an average of 54.1.

It also depends whether the figures are taken from the car's mpg display (which is usually optimistic) or whether they are more accurately calculated using brim-to-brim figures.

Logic would suggest that as the offical mpg for the new Aygo is approx 3mpg more than the previous generation, real life consumption may be around 56-58mpg.

Not yet tested a full tank as since collecting the car I have only put in £25 since it came with virtually a full tank.

My previous Aygo on a full tank would easily get around 450 miles on a tank. I used that car on a daily commute of 91miles on a mixture of A roads and motorway.

I would expect the same from the new Aygo if I still did that commute.

You would never cover the cost of £143 worth of fuel surely? Not on my calculations anyway :mellow:

You would never cover the cost of £143 worth of fuel surely? Not on my calculations anyway :mellow:

Add in the years free insurance plus no mot for three years & zero tax........

I'm saving £32 a month on the free insurance alone.

Looking at the figures, over the travel to work mileage (assuming working five days per week) of 300 per week, the Mazda will be costing approx £55 per week. Assuming the Aygo will get a similar average mpg to the first generation (54mpg), this will cost around £32 per week. So the difference in fuel costs of £23 per week, equates to £1100 over the year (assuming one's not at work for four weeks per year due to leave, etc), or around £92 per month.

The free insurance will be a massive saving for the younger driver. That would save you a huge amount

The free insurance will be a massive saving for the younger driver. That would save you a huge amount

Yup. My daughters first years insurance was £1700....... :dontgetit:

Factor in depriciation, the biggest car cost and you may be on to a loser here although my first Aygo gave me three and a half years of trouble free motoring even if it was uncomfortable as hell. Can't beat driving a brand new car :-)

According to their profile the original poster is in the 25-34 age group - there will be a saving as regards free insurance for the first year, but not as high as though they were a young driver (ie below the age of 25).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links