Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Verso 2.0 Vvti Engine Swap Questions

GYO

I recently acquired an Avensis Verso which was being scrapped due to it having a hole in engine casing. I have sourced a replacement engine and I have stared process of removing the broken engine but I need so advice regarding a couple of things. I am hoping someone on here has tackled this job :

1. What's the best way to remove the engine, lift or drop ?.

2. Can I leave the gearbox in place while I do the swap ?

3. Looking at the wiring loom, it definitely passes through the loops of the intake manifold, which means I will not be able to remove the engine without separating the intake manifold from the head.

Thanks in advance

I would search youtube. I have a 1.8 vvti slightly different interms of structure but not a lot different. I have to say that I found a guy who dismantled the whole 1zzfe engine without taking it off the foundations and then rebuilt. I wonder if its possible to do the same with yours but its worth a shot.

Regards,

Waqar

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links