Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Finance Deal Withdrawn

greigster

Last week I went to my local Toyota dealer for a test drive of a new car.

I was given a written quote that included a Toyota (not dealer) contribution of £2000 towards the finance, on which it states the quote is valid for 14 days. I have decided to go ahead with the deal but now the dealer has informed me that the Toyota contribution has been withdrawn nationwide,even though I am only 7 days into the 14 day "valid" period.

I appreciate that the dealer’s hands are tied if Toyota has

withdrawn the offer, I can understand that the offer is closed to new inquiries but surely Toyota has some sort of obligation to honour the offer already issued whilst still within the 14 day valid period?

Thanks for any advice.

Terms and conditions apply to any finance offer, regardless of manufacturer. One of the main terms is that the offer is subject to availability - if Toyota cease to make the offer available, that's it. See below for a typical example:

Terms and conditions apply. Other finance offers are available but cannot be used in conjunction with this offer. Indemnities may be required. Finance subject to status to over 18s only. Subject to availability. Prices correct at time of going to press & include VAT, delivery charge, number plates, 1 years road fund licence and £55 registration fee. Toyota Centres are independent of Toyota Financial Services.

Thanks Mike for that. There is no reference to the above on the quotation and I understand what the terms in your post are saying but still would have thought that it is a tad unfair to pull the carpet from under us half way through a deal. I would have thought that a fairer way would be for changes to apply to purchasers negotiating new deals and honouring those that a part way through.

The customer won't know the reason for the offer being withdrawn - it could be that there was a quota applied to the offer you were quoted for, and that quota may have been fulfilled.

Usually with finance offers the terms also restrict eligibility to cars registered and financed within a certain period - for example Toyota tends to work on three monthly cycles such as July to September inclusive. Dealers don't get to hear of the next quarters finance offers until a couple of days before they are due to begin.

For example, with my first Auris I ordered it mid September, with delivery for the 12th October. The salesperson couldn't quote finance to me (the current offer included a £1000 deposit contribution) because the current offer finished 30th September for vehicles registered and financed between July and Sept. Supposedly as I was a regular customer, the sales manager contacted Toyota and got the current offer extended for me . The finance offer that came in from October, had a smaller deposit contribution.

This was a quotation for £2000 deposit contribution made last Sunday an an Auris for all vehicles purchased until the end of September, they quoted me delivery for 3rd September.

I'd guess that with that short a delivery time they have a car burning a hole in a field. So if you tell them you're going to ice the deal for a while and see what appears on the second hand market after the new registration excitement has passed, or even try a different make, they may decide they can help you after all.

• Like 1

I have asked the question in the op, on the Toyota UK Facebook page and got a reply advising me to contact their customer services department but strangely the question was removed from Facebook within 24 hours.

After contacting the MD of my local Toyota dealer, he has had a meeting with Toyota and they have agreed to honour the deal.

Thanks for everyone's help and advice.

Me too, the Auris is ordered with a pick up date of 15th September.

• Like 1

Nice result. The £2000 FDA deals were on runout MY14 models, That deal is still live according to the Toyota website. I wonder if someone messed up?

• Like 1

It is all very strange.

The Toyota site is saying it is available, the Auris in the showroom has still got the stickers on to say it is available but my dealer said it finished on Friday 22nd and another main dealer said it had finished.

I have just spoken to Toyota Customer relations and they have confirmed that the deal has ended but their marketing department will still offer it if a customer wants it....... :crazy:

I did not want to think that my Toyota Dealer was working a flanker just to get me to sign up.

I have still got the deal that I am happy with but I would cancel if I thought that the dealer had lied to me. What an odd way to offer deals from Toyota, to have a deal then pull it but offer it if someone still wants it.

I don't think they were pulling a flanker, it is on the Toyota website for all to see. You have the deal, I would forget all about it and don't let it spoil your lovely new car

EDIT

I have just checked and indeed the offer HAS been withdrawn for new customers, existing deals will be honored, and so will new enquiries coming from the website which still shows the old offer. There is a new offer on the cards in the next few days

Edited by Parts-King
  • Like 1

Is the new offer better than the other one though? We will wait and see :)

The new offer is £500 towards deposit and 0% interest.

The new offer is £500 towards deposit and 0% interest.

It is, but no mention of the MY14, could be they are now all sold, the new deal is on Auris Icon and Auris Hybrid Icon Plus ONLY

If you scroll down to the finance details, it allows you to change the model to any of the Auris`s. Comes up with the correct price for the Excel along with the £500 towards deposit and 0%