Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Techstream Diagnostics On 7A-Fe.

Konrad C

Waqar told me to get hold of Techstream as it works with any Toyota, including pre 2001 car that don't support OBD2.

I tried Waqar's scanner and it came up with error. I normally use the jumper wire method, which works well with the 7A-FE engine.

Now I looked on eBay and see the Techstream Software cd and cable being sold from about £20 upwards.

As I was concerned regarding my car passing the emissions at the last minute ( the readings suddenly jumped from 0.700 to 0.002). The mechanics recommend a running diagnostics be done to see what was going on.

In my other post, I made some changes by replacing the O2 sensor and air filter. With the new exhaust burning in, the car is driving better.

Is it worth the risk to get the Techstream kit or just see how the car drives in the next few weeks? I am a bit wary of buying through eBay.

It seems that the people who may know about Techstream software and cable have not seen this yet, but it is the holiday period. I went to speak with my mechanic and even he is on holiday.

I want to know if £20 - £30 on eBay is worth the risk, and will it work on 7A-FE lean burn engines.

For now I got lucky and swapped the O2 (lean) sensor and the car has improved.

Any answers still welcome.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links