Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattle After Fitting A Baby Seat

eygo

last weekend we purchased a maxi cosi forward facing car seat for our 10month old baby

but since we have fitted it we have been hearing a lot of rattling noises coming from the

rear of the car,it sounds like metal on metal,after a quick investigation into the noise we have found that the

top seat belt guide is soooo loose(not the mounting bolt,just a badly designed mount) it rattles

against the body of the car,we have now fitted a piece of self adhesive foam to stop this from

happening and its done the job,i am wondering if all aygos are built like this or is it just ours with a faulty part.

not sure if i should go back to toyota and let them have a look at it, as i cant and wont put up with this noise

i would sell it and buy another make instead if need be,has anyone else had this problem.

maxicosirubi_zpsb7eadba9.jpg

the seat belt fits in the channel around the top of the seat

Would seem sensible to go back to your Toyota dealer to check the top seat belt guide and check you've fitted the seat correctly.

Would seem sensible to go back to your Toyota dealer to check the top seat belt guide and check you've fitted the seat correctly.

the problem in my opinion is the belt is fitted to the seat at about an 80 degree angle as the belt enters the seat at the top ,the top belt guide is then rotated by the 80 degrees and when you look behind the seat belt panel you can see the clearance is minimal then if you get hold of the guide you can wobble it and make it hit the bodywork with no effort being applied,it is so annoying hearing this rattling sound i could of left the aygo and walked home.

spoke to toyota today and i have an appointment on wednesday morning but they have already told me that its because i haven't bought a toyota car seat and the aygo isn't designed for the maxi-cosi seat to be fitted what a load of b u ll s h it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links