Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Resonance

HEMI

I took the wifes Aygo to Heathrow the other day to pick my daughter up,I got brilliant mileage it cost me £27.36 to do 300 miles but at 62mph I got a resonance a bit like a bass guitar holding one note but as soon as I sped up to 65 it went away,back down to 62 and it was back,slowed down to 60 and it went again,it just comes on at 62mph,any ideas???

I don't think so as it's just at that particular speed,tyres are new and they're Yoko Blue earth,just wondered if anyone has this same noise at 62mph?

• 4 months later...

Yes, have the same sound at same speed. I've added carpet underlay and this makes the car much quieter, though the resonance still persists but it is only at that precise speed of about 62 mph. Certainly no real problem and I've had this on other cars. 2010 Aygo Blue 5 door and 50,000+ miles.

Topic moved from Aygo Owners Reviews to the Aygo club.

Yep exactly the same with mine, which is why I tend to drive at 60 or 70 to avoid it. IMO its an engine resonance rather than a chassis one, as you can get it at a certain rpm rather than a set speed.

First thing to my mind would be to check the exhaust shields under the vehicle, also heat shield on manifold.

At the back under the car have a look at the exhaust mounting rubbers are not split :)

Deffo not a heatshield on mine, completely different sound to a heatshield rattle. The exhaust rubbers were also changed when I did the Fox exhaust recently.

The sound has never changed in note since I've had the car and is pretty easy to define as a resonance.

I can live with it, it's just another quirk of a bargain basement car. A Bentley it aint!