Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Engine (1Az-Fse) Running Rich On Fuel

Vlado P.

7 hours ago, Vlado P. said:

i have done this in august.... i was convinced it was a carbon build-up, so i removed the intake manifold, cleaned the intake shafts (there was minimal build-up) and the vacuum operated flaps. there was absolutely no change in engine operation!

the car has only 82000 km, so i don't think that the inlet valves are the problem. i don't think it's the MAF sensor either, although i might test this if i find a replacement...

Glad to here that. VW/Audi direct injection engines are really bad, when it comes to carbon build-up. Toyota did not use EGR which probably helps. You have covered everything including vvti system. Let's hope you get the car running to how it should do. :thumbsup: 

Just driven the car from cold, not something I would normally do because I've always let it warm up for a couple of minutes. Initial start up revs were a smooth 1000. Drove about 2.5 miles before I got stuck in traffic, tick over was 500 revs and a bit lumpy. Drove another half mile, stuck in traffic again. As the temperature gauge hit the symbol on the gauge the tick over started to rise. The higher the temperature got the more the tick over rose and smoothed out.

Seems to me that there's a problem between 02 sensors/ECU switching to closed loop and the engine getting close to 80 degress.

I've only done the Cataclean treatment and had the Battery disconnected for half an hour and the car is a bit better. All 4 02 sensors indicate running rich which obviously doesn't matter when the engines cold. Somethings not telling the ecu the correct info to adjust the mixture after closed loop.

• 2 weeks later...

Think mines sorted for now.

Someone here mentioned this as a possible solution.

Removed, cleaned, made sure the PCV valve rattled when shaken and squirted a lot of carb cleaner into the intake manifold hole for the PCV pipe, replaced the pipe with a vauxhall corsa one.

Jammed the throttle pedal to rev at 2.5k and got squinting in 1/2 second bursts. Then revved it at 4k for a minute or so

I now have no issues with low tick over. Cold start ticks over at 1800 instead of 1000. Within a few minutes, with the temperature gauge barely moved it's purring steady at 800 instead of struggling on its way down to 500. No flat spot either.

Checked the valve again and crud is already on it, so when it's warmer the cam cover will be removed and cleaned.

Thanks for the input.

Hope this helps.

Dave

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

My 1AZ-FSE engine Toyota Nadia fuel consumption is too high, I was thinking of replacing my 2.0L fuel injector nozzles with a compatible injector nozzles from a 1.5L car in order to reduce fuel consumption, I use the vehicle on a daily bases to work and off to home a distance of 4KM. I know it will reduce its power but as long as it will reduce consumption I'm okay. 

Please suggest to me a compatible fuel injector nozzles that can be fit to this 1AZ-FSE from a 1.3L, 1.4L, or a 1.5L engine?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links