Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav Update - 2011 Avensis (Hard Disk Drive Head Unit)

arthurputy

Hi

I could only find a post going back to 2011 on this subject so have started a new one (hope this is OK).

My Avensis was delivered with map data - 2010-11 Ver 1. This was out of date on delivery! I went on holiday to Eire a couple of weeks after collecting the car and appeared to be driving over fields (whilst on a motorway built a couple of years before). I queried this with the dealer but he assured me the maps were the most up to date available.

The car is now just over three years old and due its 50,000 service so I called the dealer for a price as the Toyota site (http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu) only offers that "info" - nothing more.

My local dealer (who supplied the vehicle) seemed very vague and said I would have to bring the car in for them to tell me how much it would cost. After some persistence on my part and after giving them the details of the head unit and map version, they then quoted me £300 (suspiciously round figure and it didn't seem as though they had looked this up).

Does anyone else have any experience of updating this unit? £300 is a crazy price!

Thanks

AP

Map updates for built in sat navs are often very expensive, regardless of manufacturer.

Map updates for built in sat navs are often very expensive, regardless of manufacturer.

Understood but I was expecting <£200 and my questions are, has anyone else updated this unit and what did it cost? I don't think my dealer could be bothered to check so just quoted an arbitrary figure so I would go away.

You could send Parts King a personal message, giving details on your car, sat nav unit and what you want, and he may be able to provide a price. For Parts King, go to the Community page, scroll down to Sponsor's Corner and then Lindop Toyota.

You could send Parts King a personal message, giving details on your car, sat nav unit and what you want, and he may be able to provide a price. For Parts King, go to the Community page, scroll down to Sponsor's Corner and then Lindop Toyota.

Thanks - will give that a try.

Called another local main dealer to be told I need to order a part (usb stick) which has a code on it. The service department then use this to download the data and presumably charge their usual rate for this (although I can't imagine this'll be much....he says hopefully!)

The usb stick costs £180 + VAT so still can't see how my dealer came up with £300 (labour charge of £84 for a download?!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links