Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Know Its Naughty But Has Anyone

robint

Fitted one of those tow bar kits (from germany/holland) I think that are designed to carry a bike but just happen to have a ball hitch

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Towbar-fixed-TOYOTA-Aygo-Hatchback-05-05-G-D-W-NEW-/251592077501?_trksid=p2054897.l4275

I only want a small box trailer of 250kg, some people might want a camping trailer

Yes we know all the caveats

Robin

in my opinion as long as you don't exceed the limits of the tow bar then it would be ok with a small trailer

I had no idea Aygos could pull a small trailer. Me and sister are thinking of doing a holiday together but its either squeeze into the Aygo with luggage and two dogs, or take the Jimny that can pull the trailer (have got one we can use) and tie the luggage down and cover it with tarp. Shouldn't affect the Jimny's performance too much, although I suspect the petrol may go down quicker.

Extract from the Owner's manual:

"Trailer towing
Toyota does not recommend towing a trailer with your vehicle. Toyota also does not recommend the installation of a tow hitch or the use of a tow hitch carrier for a wheelchair, scooter, bicycle, etc.
Your vehicle is not designed for trailer towing or for the use of tow hitch mounted carriers."

Extract from the Owner's manual:

"Trailer towing
Toyota does not recommend towing a trailer with your vehicle. Toyota also does not recommend the installation of a tow hitch or the use of a tow hitch carrier for a wheelchair, scooter, bicycle, etc.
Your vehicle is not designed for trailer towing or for the use of tow hitch mounted carriers."

that's what I was thinking.

The Aygo couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding, I know I tried

it could go !Removed! up lol

Wow, that's brave :lol:

Just make sure you have the upgraded yaris clutch in the aygo before you try and tow anything :P

It think it might struggle a bit on inclines but otherwise be okay as long as you keep the weight down...

Must have been Ambrosia .....

00756781001056_full.jpg

I don't think the chassis strength is a problem, the problem is the low torque of the 1.0VVTi :(

If they did a version with a 1.4D4D in it, it could tow a trailer easily :naughty:

Having three in the car, luggage and air con on the car wouldn't accelerate 60 upwards in fifth. You only really notice the power deficit when you go to a larger car. Not sure it would do the clutch much good towing a trailer as they not renowned for their durability.

Having three in the car, luggage and air con on the car wouldn't accelerate 60 upwards in fifth. You only really notice the power deficit when you go to a larger car. Not sure it would do the clutch much good towing a trailer as they not renowned for their durability.

True...my car runs out of puff uphill with the air/con on :(

It's a jappy engine, you just need to drop a gear and rev the nuts off of it! :naughty::lol:

I don't think the Aygo is type approved to pull a trailer, and you may invalidate your insurance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links