Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Currently Have A T Sport - Do I Upgrade To A Gt?

DJ2014

Hi,

I have been driving my 2001 VVTLi T sport Celica for a few years now and love it, however the time has come to upgrade. I would never own anything other than a Celica so i have been looking at a GT 2006 Celica.

Can anyone tell me the main differences between the T Sport and the GT?

I know the BHP is the same and the GT has extra trims around it and traction control but are there any other differences?

Am i doing the right thing by going for the GT? :-(

post-143170-0-76948700-1409241754_thumb.

post-143170-0-18390200-1409241765_thumb.

Have uploaded a photo of both cars

Hi, & welcome to T.O.C.

IMO, one of the last T Sports would be a wiser option. The £2k price premium the GT holds over a TS is not worth the difference. Apart from the TTE springs on the GT (ITRO £150 from Toyota), the two cars are mechanically identical, and the ironing board..sorry, rear spoiler on the GT is..well..marmite. So, much depends on whether you like the styling of the GT, but whichever you look for, good luck in your search.

Differences from face lift T Sport:

The GT has alcantara seat inserts, chrome topped gear knob, 6CD H/U, Tech5 alloys, dynamic front lip, TRD skirts, TRD spoiler, and was not offered in Lagoon Blue. The Storm Blue GT also has a sunroof.

HTH :)

• Like 1

Hi,

Thank you Scarlett :-)

I must say i do like the style of the GT and the fact it is newer. My current car has 122k miles, however the GT i want has only 47k.

I know the specs are the same but can i not tune the engine to 200BHP?

My T sport is looking tired now and the paintwork isn't the best. The alloys have totally corroded and the suspension needs replacing.

Thanks again for your advise :-)

The VVTi-L engine puts out around 175PS as standard, to get another 25PS out of it would easily cost you four figures. If you can justify the extra £2k for the styling of the GT over a similar age and mileage T Sport..go for it :)

The GT is 6 years younger and 75k less miles. Have purchased it this morning :-)

Think i will keep both (if my hubby will let me!) lol :ermm:

I do like the fact the GT seems much rarer over here in the UK than the T sport

• 3 months later...

To be honest I think the GT isnt that much different from the T Sport on the performance so really your only looking at the image.

I would go for another T Sport

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links