Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pete2004

Hello

I'm getting yaris next month so I thought I'd better check out the forum and introduce myself.

My grandad is giving me his X reg yaris soon, basic 5 door in blue but I need a car I can get in and know its going to work when I turn the key so its all good. I've said to myself I'm not going to tinker with it but I've done it with every other car I've had so we'll have to see how long that lasts! Though a reasonably big stereo will be a must as I'll be dropping a huge amount of performance from my current car.

Anyway, thats me and hello to everyone.

Cheers

Pete

Hiya Pete! Welcome to TOC! :thumbsup:

We are all v friendly, so feel free to ask any q's or anything - and bonus - we all own and love our Yarii! :D

My names Angel, I own a 2004 Yaris T-Spirit (Pic below!) and its my baby (I treat it like my first born child - how sad am I! lol)

What colour blue is yours? Is it dark blue or bright blue like mine? Post some pics if you have some!

All the best with your new Yaris

Angel

:group-cuddles:

ps no harm in having your grandads car either, I bought my grandads last car off him (a Daewoo Matiz!) and it was a cracker! Plus like you say you know the history of the car and its not like you grandad is gonna put his foot down is it, not if hes anything like mine anyway! :D

Hi Pete, nice 2 hear your getting a yaris. This is the place 2 be if you need any info 4 a yaris. the people and response is great :D

Andy

:D HI PETE, I,VE HAD 2 YARIS CURRENT ONE A 2003 T3, THEY'RE THE BEST SMALL CAR AROUND. I GOT MY ONE OF MY CARS FROM MY GRANDAD A '79 V CARINA!

ENJOY!!!

CHRIS

HIya, great to hear you are getting a Yaris :). I got mine cos my last car (Ford Fiesta) wouldnt always work when I turned the key or it would start and then give up after a while. You won't regret making the move..what engine size will it be?

Thanks everyone, been having a browse on the forum and there's already a few helpful bits on the faq's, mainly stereo as when I saw the stereo layout it gave me a headache straightaway! Should be ok though.

I've only seen the car a few times as usually when I visit, its 2hrs away as well, its locked away. Its a GS (I think) in a deep blue, possibly metallic, 5 door with about 6k on the clock.

I'll be at JAE this year with the Daihatsu GTTi owners club anyway, unfortunately I'll have to sell my baby but I need something more reliable as I've got a new job that requires client visits and I need the reliability. It'll be a sad day when it goes but I'm getting a motorbike to satisfy my need for speed :P For those of you that haven't been I can reccommend it, I had a wicked time last year from friday afternoon through til sunday evening :thumbsup:

6k miles for an X reg is excellent mileage! It was the same with my grandad bless him, I think the car I bought off him only had 7k miles on it and it wasnt even 3 years old!

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for it? Obviously it must be in excellent condition too for that sort of mileage!

:thumbsup: Hi mate

and welcome to the club

Ive been a member for a couple of months, and its cracking site.

I have a W 2000 Yaris 13SR. So im sure you will love you car.

GTTi, have you got a charade 1.0turbo. If so, i had one of those for a couple of months, the bugger blew up

:thumbsup:

Getting the car for nothing :) Me grandads not been too well lately and he's taken the decision to give up driving, he's got his mobility scooter lined up though and it tops out at a hefty 12mph :P and its red.

Yeah I've got the turbo, moments of pure turbo'd pleasure regularly punctured by mechanical heartbreak. Its the nature of the beast though, I've embarassed a few things in that but when you've got 100+ bhp out of a 3 cyl 1 litre somethings got to give :(

Oh well, the money from selling it will pay for my bike.

WOW! Although you can understand why your grandads giving it up.... bless him on his 12mph scooter! :D

I think your new Yaris is the bargain of the century for sure! :D

Can't grumble at that price :D

Also, I was brought up on knight rider so the digital dash should keep me amused for a while!

yeah it was good fun. used to do about 0-60 in about 7.5, but didnt last long, as it was a turbo charged 998CC engine. lol

the joys of being 17 eh! :thumbsup:

got an ax GT after that.

couldnt fault my SR though, ok its not the quick, but u can give it some stick. :thumbsup:

Enjoy ure yaris mate and talk around her soon! :yes:

I bought my gtti when I was 20 and I've had it 5 years now! I'll have to make sure it finds a good home or it'll break my heart.

I've had a look at the specs on your sr and it looks quite good mate, is there a members gallery on here somewhere? not had to much of a chance to look around yet but no doubt I'll have a little tinker after a couple of months, I've not had a car I've left untouched yet. Stereo is a must though, on a scale of 1 to 10 how awkward is it for head unit and Speakers? It can't be worse than a metro gti, spent !Removed! ages sorting the stereo in that.

i beleive its quite tricky for the spekers in the door, But check the how to's for fitting a headunit.

the SR comes with a fair fews things on. Obviously not like the T-sport, but the SR came out before the TS, it was kinda the sporty yaris until the big boy arrived

have a look on www.kierangray.co.uk

mine is the little silver thing at the bottom

At the top of the page there's the navigation bar where you can find the TOC Garage and the club gallery :thumbsup:

Kenny!

Fitting a aftermarket headunit is a doddle!

If ya want to combine looks as well, you may need a rav4 din convertor thingie...I have no idea what im talking about, but i know someone will correct me! :)

Nice one on getting the yaris

Cheers :)

1.jpg

0.jpg

:D Welcome to the club!

You'll enjoy it & get hooked like the rest of us! :thumbsup:

Roz

:group-cuddles: