Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris 1.4 All Fault Lights Illuminated On Dash Board

mjones

Hi Guys

Got a bit of strange problem with my 2008 Auris 1.4 , I was driving down the M1 doing about 80, when suddenly all fault lights on the dashboard came on and there was a constant beeping sound.

The lights that came on were the engine fault, power steering, ABS, stability control, and the air bag light. I also got the check engine, Battery, and VSC being displayed on the trip display.

There was no loss of power or any problems with the power steering. Called the RAC and the engineer who turned up connected his diagnostic tool but all he got was no response from the components, only the air bag reading came back as passed.

The other thing I noticed when I got the car back home was that when I switched the engine off and turned it back on the power steering wouldn’t work, but was ok after about 3 minutes. Also the aircon has stopped working, the fan works fine, but the air is not cooled.

Got it booked in for diagnostic test at the Toyota garage next Tuesday, anyone got any ideas of what it might be?

Cheers

Mike

Hi Guys,

Had the diagnostic test done, which didn't give any readings. They traced the problem to a faulty Speedometer and instrument pannel. they've quoted £711 parts and labour to sort it.

seems way too expensive to me, what do you guys think?

Thanks

Mike