Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hi, New Here And After Some Advice.

Hello all, I am new to the forum and hope to be around if all goes well.

I am considering a Toyota Voxy or similar, the Voxy being my preference but most seem to be v6 lumps and very few diesel.

With the rising cost of diesel and servicing costs does it make economic sense to go for the diesel over the petrol ? Is there really that much difference in mpg? Driven sensibly of course ;)

Are there any things I should consider before buying?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Stuart

Hello Stuart - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

As far as I'm aware, the Voxy (or its sister the Noah) has only been sold in Asia - so you will probably be reliant on used vehicles imported from Japan.

Thanks for the reply, yes I failed to add that to my post.

The vehicle(s) I have seen are in fact imports and all are around 2003/4 with around 45-60k on the clock.

Think the only thing the Voxy shares with models sold in Europe is that some engines were also used by the Avensis and Avensis Verso.

I only know of one other member who has a Voxy - 'Cookie4' - and the last post I saw was in relation to a CV joint - see http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/158609-toyota-voxy/?hl=%2Btoyota+%2Bvoxy

Have you looked at the Toyota Estima, Emina or Lucida?

At least there is a small owners club for these and numbers have been imported over the years - http://www.teoc.ws

Thanks, not looked too closely I admit.

May be worth a look though.

So, in your opinion are the Voxy/Noah worth a chance or a bit of a gamble on spares being imports?

Pro's and cons?

Thanks for your input.

The Voxy or Noah are certainly quite capable looking vehicles, but they don't seem popular as imports to the UK. Whereas numbers of the Estima/Emina/Lucida have been imported and are more of a known quantity in the UK.