Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clutch Slipping

moody porsche man

Hi guys

It seems now the wife's car has passed the 60000 miles stage we are starting to have a few niggles latest being the clutch.

The bite point is very high and the clutch is slightly slipping, car is still drive able. Does this sound about right on a car with 62000 miles?

I have looked in the engine bay to see if it's just the cable but it was no very clear which cable was the clutch as there were 2 cables each with a rubber boot so not easy to see what was going on.

So with the symptoms and the mileage does it sound like I need a new clutch?

What price will Mr T be looking to charge me?

Cheers

Very possible; 60k is supposedly the average lifespan for a clutch (Some here have run them into the 100K's; I've worn out clutches in 20k :lol:)

If you get it done at Toyota, expect to pay around £700; other franchised garages tend to be around £500. A decent indep might do it for £400.

Last time I had my Yaris' clutch changed it was around £400 all-in with my travelling mechanic mate(Was a Valeo clutch kit tho', not a Toyota one).

If you get the parts yourself, they obv will charge less to fit, but the labour charges tend to be a bit higher for small cars like ours.

Hi guys

It seems now the wife's car has passed the 60000 miles stage we are starting to have a few niggles latest being the clutch.

The bite point is very high and the clutch is slightly slipping, car is still drive able. Does this sound about right on a car with 62000 miles?

I have looked in the engine bay to see if it's just the cable but it was no very clear which cable was the clutch as there were 2 cables each with a rubber boot so not easy to see what was going on.

So with the symptoms and the mileage does it sound like I need a new clutch?

What price will Mr T be looking to charge me?

Cheers

the aygo has a cable gearchange this is why there are 2 of them one cable controls the side to side movement i.e. moving from 1st or 2nd to 3rd or 4th and the other cable for the forward and backward movement. here is a link for you with some pics to show you where the clutch cable is.

http://www.c1oc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=560&p=61817&hilit=Clutch+pedal+adjustment#p61817

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links