Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Tyre Rating 2004 Avensis

smoky2004

Hello, I need new tyres for my Toyota Avensis 2004 1.8 petrol, the tyre size is 215/45/r17. Is there a correct tyre rating for my car or doesn't it make a difference?

Also does anyone know a cheap online tyre website?

Thanks

I would imagine that the speed rating would be either V or W.

Blackcircles.com have this size of tyre (215/45/R17V) from £46.99 fully fitted

Blackcircles.com have this size of tyre (215/45/R17V) from £46.99 fully fitted

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if that's a half decent tyre? I don't mind paying a bit extra if the tyre lasts me longer and gives me a bit more grip in the wet. I'm happy to pay for a premium brand, when I said cheap online site I just meant a online website where the tyre prices were generally cheaper than other websites.

Would the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 215/45/R17 Y91 be okay for my car? £99.49 for a fully fitted tyre looks like a very competitive price compared to the prices of a couple of other websites for the same tyre.

Tyres like Kumho's range from £82. The Goodyears should be OK for yours as well.

Tyres like Kumho's range from £82. The Goodyears should be OK for yours as well.

Is Kumho a midrange tyre? I'm assuming kumho is a tyre brand you would recommend?

Kumho's are one of a number of mid-range tyres - and they tend to be at the cheaper end of mid range. Your best bet would be to have a look yourself and see which fit your bnudget, etc:

www.blackcircles.com

There will also be other sites such as: http://www.event-tyres.co.uk

I am running 225 45 17 on my Avensis much more range and cheaper- the first number is the width in millimetres, so the 225 are 10mm wider than 215, 215 45 17 is not a common size tyre.

I am running 225 45 17 on my Avensis much more range and cheaper- the first number is the width in millimetres, so the 225 are 10mm wider than 215, 215 45 17 is not a common size tyre.

Isn't it dangerous fitting a bigger width tyre or totally safe?

Isn't it dangerous fitting a bigger width tyre or totally safe?

10mm = 1cm. I bought the Avensis with the previous owner running them too. I'm still alive :boxing:

Offer currently being advertised:

eventbanner_august-300x250.gif

Thanks Frosty, that website only shows the prices fully fitted, it works out cheaper for me to get the tyres delivered to my house from BlackCircles and get a local garage to fit them. It works out at about £15 per tyre from Black Circles to have the tyres fitted.

I'm not sure whether to get kumho tyres or pay the extra £10 or £15 per tyre for a premium brand.

Thanks Frosty, that website only shows the prices fully fitted, it works out cheaper for me to get the tyres delivered to my house from BlackCircles and get a local garage to fit them. It works out at about £15 per tyre from Black Circles to have the tyres fitted.

I'm not sure whether to get kumho tyres or pay the extra £10 or £15 per tyre for a premium brand.

Hi Mate,

I'm very very happy with the Kumho KU39 Ecsta Le Sport (Y- rated186mph ) on mine, 215/50/17 which is the recommended standard size (but not rating) for my car but I believe earlier cars did have the /45's on.

Regards

Pete.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links