Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Are Your Excellents?

Bibsy

New to me on my Auris Hybrid is the "Excellent" you get in the display after a particularly economical drive. I reckon I only get that about one in five drives though.

If your car does that, how often do you get it? And I wish it also did other comments, like "Good", "Ok", "Abysmal", "If He Paid More Attention His Maths Would Improve" and "See Me Afterwards" as well.

Oh Lord it doesn't do that does it? That's such a Japanese thing. The Nissan Leaf does something similar and the Honda Insight hybrid would grow trees on your dashboard screen.

Maybe I'm a, ok scrub that, I AM a miserable git but I don't want my car congratulating (or not) me for my driving style. Grrrr

Shame is doesn't display comments like:

'What a disaster !!'

'How heavy IS your right foot?'

'Find a petrol station quick !'

I'd just be happy if Miss Heasman slapped my legs with a ruler again (stop it!) :doctor:

you would be taken into care Pete, and Ms Heasman would lose her computer, and her job

modern times

In 1963 she didn't even get a manual typewriter, and probably retired ages ago!

If I take it easy in the summer when the temperature is warmer then I usually get "Excellent". Don't think I've ever seen it in the winter.

I didn't even know any T Hybrids did this before today!

I did see on one of Jeremy Klaxon's silly reviews on Top Gear of the Nissan Leaf that as he was driving a female voice suddenly announced how many trees the Leaf had saved so far!

I get this on my Mk 1 Auris but not as often as I like.

It showed up at the end of my 25 mile commute from work today but I was held up by slow traffic.

As stated earlier it rarely happens in the colder weather.

Gerry

Not sure Excellent is the word I would use to describe a particularly slow commute.

• Like 1

How does this work then? I've never seen it before, do you need to be on a particular screen on the mfd?

Mine's a 2011. If yours is the later model, perhaps it doesn't do it.

But on mine, no you don't need to be on a particular screen - when you turn off the power you get for a few seconds the little bar chart showing you the stats for the run, and it appears under that is all.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links