Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Aygo Owners Reviews

Martin1973

I'm going to try a different cable when I get home. Apparently that's a possible cause. From what I gather they can wear and only charge as a result.

Quite possibly. If you have an aftermarket cable, they often do not transfer data. I bought one off Amazon for £10 which is perfect, I also have a 99p one for charging off the works PC and that is all it does

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00J0S6QZ6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have tried everything to connect my phone (S3) with no success. 2 different cables, installed mirror link app and drive link pro, it's really getting on my nerves now. Help !! P.S. My Memory stick works in the USB port.

The problem in my case was indeed the cable. It's working fine now. I wish I could use Spotify and Beyondpod with it though. Without them I'll probably only use it if I ever need sat nav.

I have tried everything to connect my phone (S3) with no success. 2 different cables, installed mirror link app and drive link pro, it's really getting on my nerves now. Help !! P.S. My Memory stick works in the USB port.

To verify that the cables you're using aren't both at fault may I suggest attempting to use them to connect a different phone to a PC. If they work then you should be able to transfer files between the PC and your phone. You'll also see the little USB logo at the top right of your phone. If not then it's definitely the cables. Even though you've tried two cables I still think that's your best bet.

One small note. When I successfully got it to work it took a couple of goes. I think you've got to wait a few moments for the phone to search for whatever files it syncs with on a PC. I got a message saying it couldn't find them blah blah. After that I tried the mirror link button on the touch screen and it worked.

To verify that the cables you're using aren't both at fault may I suggest attempting to use them to connect a different phone to a PC. If they work then you should be able to transfer files between the PC and your phone. You'll also see the little USB logo at the top right of your phone. If not then it's definitely the cables. Even though you've tried two cables I still think that's your best bet.

One small note. When I successfully got it to work it took a couple of goes. I think you've got to wait a few moments for the phone to search for whatever files it syncs with on a PC. I got a message saying it couldn't find them blah blah. After that I tried the mirror link button on the touch screen and it worked.

Hi When you say you tried the mirror link button on the touch screen, do you mean phone or car ?

On the car. I just noticed you said drive link pro. That may be he wrong app. Click on the galaxy apps app on your phone, if it hasn't been updated then it may be called something else. It's the Samsung app store though. Drive Link is on there. I don't think it's on the play store. It's developed by Samsung.

• Like 1

On the car. I just noticed you said drive link pro. That may be he wrong app. Click on the galaxy apps app on your phone, if it hasn't been updated then it may be called something else. It's the Samsung app store though. Drive Link is on there. I don't think it's on the play store. It's developed by Samsung.

That app looks a lot better from the Samsung store, unfortunately it still didn't link with the car, I will buy a new cable next and let you know, thanks.

Really enjoying the car and the X Touch is brilliant for what I need. Nokia MixRadio, much like Spotify except it actually works with X Touch, by displaying the artist and music title.

The little extra is nice, like the hill start assist. Still takes awhile to get use to not needing my handbrake at lights located at top of hill.

One negative thing about the Aygo when compared to the iQ is some of the extra quality finishing. The plastic on the handbrake, the dashboard storage box plastic (I know, I shouldn't complain as the iQ didn't even have one!), but it gives it a 'cheaper' finish. Just minor niggles.

Going to get the rears tinted this weekend, will show photos then when it's done.

Hi got it working today funny enough with a old blackberry cable, I can get music, Location and Phone but none of the shortcuts are visible on the x touch ?

• Like 1

Hi got it working today funny enough with a old blackberry cable, I can get music, Location and Phone but none of the shortcuts are visible on the x touch ?

Yeah apparently there's no solution to that. It's just a case of hoping Samsung sort this in the future. It's unlikely though. So as it is Mirror link isn't really much use aside from navigation, which I've yet to test. Judging from reviews of Drive Link though I don't expect that to work too well.

Yeah apparently there's no solution to that. It's just a case of hoping Samsung sort this in the future. It's unlikely though. So as it is Mirror link isn't really much use aside from navigation, which I've yet to test. Judging from reviews of Drive Link though I don't expect that to work too well.

That's unfortunate, I'm changing my phone soon, does any other phones work with all the APPS ?

Well, had my X-Pression just over a week now and done 300 miles.

Initial impressions are favourable. It was big move from a 2.0l diesel Astra, but am really happy with the car.

Engine pulls well in town driving and seems to be quite happy at 70(ish)!

Gearing also seems to be very well spaced for scooting around town and nipping out of junctions etc.

Also found it very quick and smooth, which seemed at odds with some reviews.

Love the 3 cylinder noise too.

Also pleasantly surprised with ride comfort compared to my bigger Astra. I think the higher profile tyres and (possibly) softer suspension helps here. Speed bumps are handled well.

Seats are very comfortable and certainly some of the best of the small cars I tried. Great to have a proper infinite wheel style back adjuster too.

The touchscreen system works nicely too. I had my phone paired and working for calls and music in a matter of minutes. Sound quality is pretty decent too for a small system.

Not dug deep into all the options yet, but what I have used seems intuitive and responsive,

Don't think i really have any negatives as such yet.

Handling could be a bit more direct perhaps, but I guess it isn't designed for aggressive driving and the narrow(ish) tyres will always play a part.

Only other comment is the shift light seems to suggest DOWN shifts at odd moments, even when running at 3k RPM+.

Just a little further review from my previous on this Forum...

Managed to put over 600miles in the car over the weekend. There is definitely a couple of quirks that I will need to monitor:

1) The hill start brake isn't as smooth in the release as it should, felt like I need to rev more before I get it released as I let the clutch off. Might just be the way I drive and it doesn't met the car's logic system to releasing the brakes promptly.

2) Sudden, not dangerous but significant to notice, drop in power when reving in the 3000 range (70mph). It's as if I accidentally hit the speed limiter and it's rev limiting my speed down. It comes and goes on 2 occasion as I was potting along the M11. It wasn't at the incline or decline stretch, so something is playing up.

Anyone care to share if they've got similar experience?

No problems for me that you have described although not driven it at 70 much and in 6 weeks only done 600 miles lol.

Hill start is really smooth for me, I am shocked at how good it is.

Not noticed any issues like that so far.

Only done just over 450 miles but dual carriageway at 70 every day.

In fact, impressed how easily it seems to cruise at that speed, although long hills seems to be its achilles heel.

Have noticed it tends to suggest a down change particularly early though at higher speeds, even when it doesn't seem to be struggling.

Not noticed any issues like that so far.

Only done just over 450 miles but dual carriageway at 70 every day.

In fact, impressed how easily it seems to cruise at that speed, although long hills seems to be its achilles heel.

Have noticed it tends to suggest a down change particularly early though at higher speeds, even when it doesn't seem to be struggling.

I think you'll find that the shift indicator is only there to help you drive in the most fuel efficient way, which seems to mean keeping it under 2000 revs. as this is when the shift indicator lights up. After driving mine for a while now I tend to ignore it & just drive as i have always done i.e. listening to the engine note.

The gear shift indicator becomes mandatory for all new cars sold within the EU from November 2014. Intended to help motorists improve their fuel consumption and reduce pollution.