Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Retro Fitting 2013 Bumper To Earlier Cars

Planemo

Guys as probably know I have bought a 2013 bumper to fit my 2006 and I am trying to get the parts I need in place before I start the job. I am virtually there but I am having a problem trying to understand one of the areas. On the 2006 bumper the top edge mounts to a black plastic part which then bolts to the car. This plastic part also carries the top grills and Toyota Badge.

However, on this schematic http://minsk.japancars.ru/index.php?route=catalog/toyota&mdf_id=4101&area=EU&cat=101510&pn=894650H010&blk_id=5201 (and clicking the '0003 tab), there isn't this 'plastic part' showing as per the 2005 (0001) schematic.

I'm pretty sure that the 2005 plastic part won't fit the later bumper as the top grill/badge on the late bumper is in a much higher location.

Anyone got any ideas?!

OK I think that unfortunately, this conversion has come to a grinding halt for me. I did a test fit today and have confirmed that the 2013 top grill would need to be bought. In addition, the 2013 underneath plastic crumple section would likely be needed, although the 2006 one *could* be used at a pinch as the 2013 bumper does fit with it but the mounting points are different so some brackets would need to be fabricated. All the Toyota parts could be bought no problem (although this pushes the cost up) and may, just may have been worth it for me but the real deal-breaker for me is that the 2013 bonnet is different. I had no idea that this would be the case and I am really glad I did this test fit first as I was nearly about to order the bits I needed. Adding the cost of a bonnet into the conversion just puts it out of reach for me, especially as this was only being done for cosmetic reasons. If you had crash damage to the front end it would probably be worth it, but I don't. It's a shame as I really wanted this to work out.

So I'm £50 out of pocket in attempting this but at least I now know whats involved. If anyone wants a 2013 bumper in vgc (no damage to fixings, no cracks/splits etc) then give me a shout. I will let it go for what I paid for it.

Heres a few pics of the bumper fitted, showing the bonnet gap:

20140911_113155_zpsfd7b2259.jpg

20140911_113214_zps42b558a3.jpg

20140911_113225_zpsdd390bec.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links