Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clutch Fluid

GT4 BOOSTER

is the clutch fluid power steering auto fluid ? its red so would imagine this is what it is,my last car used brake fluid so i;m curious.

that i know my friend , this fluid is red in my clutch resovior . so leads me to think its power steereing fluid and auto gearbox fluid. and not bog standard brake fluid. :)

Wouldn't risk putting brake fluid in an auto-box or power steering myself. Brake fluid is a hydraulic oil, and while transmission/steering fluid is also hydraulic its lubricating too. Just beacause its the same colour doesn't mean its the same.

the question was what fluid have i got in my clutch resovoir . it is red so i think its power steering fluid ,and not brake fluid , usually hydraulic clutches use brake fluid and i have never had a toyota before , no one is putting brake fluid in an autobox.for 1 its manual and 2 , who can be so stupid to do it ? lol :D

the question was what fluid have i got in my clutch resovoir . it is red so i think its power steering fluid ,and not brake fluid , usually hydraulic clutches use brake fluid and i have never had a toyota before , no one is putting brake fluid in an autobox.for 1 its manual and 2 , who can be so stupid to do it ? lol :D

The answer is still no. Its NOT power steering fluid,or at least it shouldn't be. It IS brake fluid. Sorry I misread your original post. How would I know if you have a manual or auto anyway come to think of it??? And you'd be amazed at the stupid things I've seen done to cars over the years, you wouldn't imagine in your wildest dreams that someone would top up their oil through the dipstick hole. But I've seen it happen.

yeah ur right i had a mate 17 at the time , his water light came on , went to a garage for water , didnt know which hole to pour it in, flipped a coin and bingo poured it into the oil filler cap,needless to say he never got home lmao.

Brake and clutch fluid are the same thing. P/steer and ATF are the same DX111. The dumbest thing I have had is an old guy (I'm talking bout 60-70) come into work (auto parts store) after purchasing an oil filter deal with us. He asked for two more 4 litre packs of 20w40 for his car. I was slightly confused as to what car packs a 12 litre sump. Upon asking I was told that it was a morris 1000. He was going to fill it up to the oil filler cap!!! I hate to think how long he has been servicing his car for!!!!