Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Corolla 1999 14 Inch Steel Wheel Centre Caps Sourcing?

gazhawkins

Am looking for 4 x14 inch steel wheel centre caps for a T reg 1999 Toyota Corolla 1.6SR (E11 model)

[by 'centre caps' I mean the cover for the drift shaft nut in the middle of the front wheels and what I assume to be the back axle cover on the rear wheels)

Don't care whether plastic or metal, colour black preferred - but not overly fussed.

Are these available as generic parts, or are they model specific?

Obviously I know scrap yards are a source, or via the likes of 1stspares.co.uk - but I wondered if anyone has a specific eBay weblink or can recommend a site that sells generic 14 inch steel wheel centre caps???

Many thanks in advance... Garry Hawkins... Northampton. UK.

Do you know what diameter centre cap you need (ie what size hole do they need to fit)?

There are these 60mm ones - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toyota-Motor-Sports-Wheel-Centre/dp/B00I12MK5M/ref=sr_1_cc_2?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1409844166&sr=1-2-catcorr&keywords=toyota++wheel+centre+caps

Thanks Frostyballs - no I don't (I'll get the tape measure out).

Wow £10.99 for a single centre cap...

Mmmm... might be looking at scrapyards then - 4 x 14" steel wheels/tyres only cost me £17.50 each inc. freight.

Gaz.

That's for a set of four (the item is showing 'X4') - seller has one set

Frostyballs,

Apologies - I missed the x 4 - just read the '1 new'.

The hole appears to be 50mm.

I've had to replace my porous (air leaking) 15 year old alloy wheels with steel wheels - it's so long since I had steel wheels on a car I forgot to order the centre caps to go with. Curiously, the centre caps on the alloys (which don't fit the steel wheels) are marked 50mm.

Given the drive shaft nut protrudes from the front wheel centres, I reckon the two front caps are different from the rear centre caps for steel wheels?

• 2 weeks later...

My 1998 Corolla, that I have owned from new has no caps on the front drive shaft nuts, not sure about the back, I will have to have a look.

Olddriver,

It maybe that steel wheeled versions of the 1998/9 corolla came with a plastic housing, as opposed to a steel press cap, to protect the drive shaft nuts on the front wheels from corrosion.

On some cars these plastic housings seem to be attached to the wheel nuts in some way.

gazhawkins.

My e11 facelift had hubcaps and no centre caps covering the driveshaft bolts. Same on the rear.

Mcorban,

Thanks... good old fashioned hubcaps appear to be the answer.

I now know what an e11 driveshaft costs, should I require one; thanks.

Regards,

Gazhawkins.