Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo Touch Screen Questions.

Manjaser

I have a few questions relating to the touch screen in the new Aygo. If I find the solutions I'll put them in quote boxes below each question.

In the display settings presumably the colour is supposed to be customisable. There is a colour bar on the left of the screen but it doesn't appear to do anything or respond when I touch it. Is anybody else experiencing this?

On the DAB radio screen it tells you what you're listening to, such as the radio show or song currently playing. However the line of text is often too long to fit on the screen. Is there a way to set it so the text scrolls sideways, allowing me to see the entire line?

My next problem is more difficult to define. With my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3) synced up to the Aygo's system via bluetooth, I can receive/make calls and listen to music. The stereo seems to default to the content on my phone's MP3 player. I tend to listen to podcasts via Beyondpod and music via Spotify. After I turn on the car's stereo, using my phone I can go into Beyondpod and play a podcast, pause it then go into Spotify and play a song. It all works fine and plays through the car's Speakers as long as I play/pause using the phone. If I press pause on the Aygo's touch screen it does pause but the only way I can resume is by pressing play on my phone, only now there's now sound. If I press the skip track buttons on the Aygo's touch screen it will skip to the next/previous track on my phone even though there's no sound. The only way I can get it to play the sound again is by turning the car off and starting again.

Should I wish to listen to the music on my phone (not Spotify) is there any way to bring up the list of tracks onto the Aygo's screen? As it is I launch the MP3 player app on my phone and begin playing a track. Now I can play/pause, skip tracks forward and backward and activate shuffle all from the Aygo's screen but it would be handy to have the tracklist.

The mirror link function doesn't seem to work at all. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and have installed the Drive Link app. I have followed the instructions in the owners manual and when I press the appropriate button on the touch screen it searches for a moment then nothing happens. I've tried several possible procedures to start it with no success.

It turned out to be the cable that was faulty. It could charge the phone but not transfer files. So the car wasn't recognising a device was connected to it's USB socket. If that makes sense. I tried another cable and it worked.

Audio over bluetooth occasionally stutters. Sometimes it's fairly frequent.

In an ideal world I would be able to install Beyondpod and Spotify apps onto the Aygo's stereo that would sync with their counterparts on my phone. To be honest I'm disappointed with the functionality of the new Aygo's touch screen. It strikes me as being quite clunky and dated. Thanks for any help guys.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Bump, need to know if you managed to customize the colour and how? Nothing happens when tap on it

This is quite an old thread -  but as its been bumped ….  I can confirm that the DAB text does not and cannot be made to scroll. This makes this function practically useless and it beggars belief no one raised it at the design stage. Even deleting the redundant and utterly pointless “Now Playing” text would help a bit.  I did report it to Toyota who thanked me for my feedback but were ultimately unable to reassure me that an army of devs would be set to work on a software fix to what amounts a high priority UI bug.  I guess I probably expected too much!!!

It is probably a PSA/Toyota matter rather than just Toyota, as it is a system unique to the Aygo/C1/108

so, no one managed to edit the colour theme in the touch?

Sorry for bumping, but only this thread described exactly what it happens to my own car, so i had to bump it

29 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

It is probably a PSA/Toyota matter rather than just Toyota, as it is a system unique to the Aygo/C1/108

True - maybe even a third party (Pioneer have been mentioned)  ... This is a relatively minor issue on the scale of things. But it annoys me almost every single day. First world problem I guess!

I would really love to know how you managed to get the Mirrorlink function working, I have a Galaxy S3 & tried several cables & versions of Drive Link, but never once have I managed to get it to connect.

5 hours ago, Mutt08 said:

I would really love to know how you managed to get the Mirrorlink function working, I have a Galaxy S3 & tried several cables & versions of Drive Link, but never once have I managed to get it to connect.

All it took for me was the official app from the Samsung app store (which should be on your phone) and a fully working cable.  Then it'll start up when you connect the phone to the car's USB port.  In fact it seemed to me that the app forces itself on whether you wanted it on or not.  I ended up deleting it.  The only apps that work through it are the phonebook, music and maps.  To be honest the app seems like a relic that Samsung abandoned years ago.  It's trumped by the bluetooth functionality of most of the apps you'd want to use while driving.

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2016 at 4:00 PM, Manjaser said:

All it took for me was the official app from the Samsung app store (which should be on your phone) and a fully working cable.  Then it'll start up when you connect the phone to the car's USB port.  In fact it seemed to me that the app forces itself on whether you wanted it on or not.  I ended up deleting it.  The only apps that work through it are the phonebook, music and maps.  To be honest the app seems like a relic that Samsung abandoned years ago.  It's trumped by the Bluetooth functionality of most of the apps you'd want to use while driving.

touch 2 or touch 2 with go?

11 minutes ago, StanimalHD said:

touch 2 or touch 2 with go?

Neither.

The system fitted to the Aygo is a different system to Touch 2 or Touch 2 with Go, as it is shared with the other Joint Venture cars, the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 108. Called the X-Touch and the navigation option is called the X-Nav

• Like 1

Just now, FROSTYBALLS said:

Neither.

The system fitted to the Aygo is a different system to Touch 2 or Touch 2 with Go, as it is shared with the other Joint Venture cars, the Citroen C1 and Peugeot 108. Called the X-Touch and the navigation option is called the X-Nav

Do you know if the touch 2 will support mirror link? or is it just touch 2 with go? I have seen a video cable that looks promising for the touch 2 that has 28 pin connector for the rear of the system!

it will also depend upon the phone - if it uses Mirrorlink 1.1 Toyota don't support it as they were concerned about some of the additional functionality.

• 1 year later...
On 10/03/2016 at 9:21 AM, Heidfirst said:

it will also depend upon the phone - if it uses Mirrorlink 1.1 Toyota don't support it as they were concerned about some of the additional functionality.

Checking the X-Touch system version of my Aygo 2015 I noticed that it already has the "820" version. So I think my Aygo has Mirrorlink 1.1 according french Mirrorlink 1.1 update for Peugeot 108:

https://mypeugeot-fr.peugeot.com/resources/content/mirror-screen/upgrade/1.1/13TPDAEU-EA01_0001.kwi

and french update user guide:

https://mypeugeot-fr.peugeot.com/resources/content/mirror-screen/pdf/Guide_Utilisation.pdf

Greetings,
CYK_BR

That is a post from 1 year ago.The Pioneer unit in the Aygo/C1/107 since got an update to 1.1 - the Touch (Harman) units in other Toyota models didn't.

• 2 months later...
On 31-3-2017 at 6:10 PM, Heidfirst said:

That is a post from 1 year ago.The Pioneer unit in the Aygo/C1/107 since got an update to 1.1 - the Touch (Harman) units in other Toyota models didn't.

Which update version of the Aygo contains Mirror Link 1.1? I have the Toyota Aygo X-Play 2016

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links