Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Injector Seals

goffie

hi can anybody tell me is it easy or hard to change the injector seals on my avensis d4d 2.2 d on a 57 plate

Depends on which engine 150bhp or 180bhp?

180 engine is easier as the injectors are fixed outside the rocker cover, so you undo the pipes, remove the injector clamp and pull the injectors, there are rubber rings on the injector itself, the main seal is a metal washer in the bottom of the injector tube that seals/seats the injector to the cylinder head these can be an absolute nightmare to remove and replace but must be as they are not reuseable.

On the 150 engine the injectors are fixed inside the rocker cover so this has to come off and will need a new rocker cover gasket and injector pipe seals beyond that its the same as above.

Obviously take great care when removing the injector pipes as they contain an awful lot of pressure.

thanks for the advice i got the new metal seals so just gor to get the for rubber seals now and give it a go its a 180 bhp so it sound alot easyier ty

hi ya ive managed to change it seals put it all back together but now got another problem got no power cant get above 35 mph got engine man light on along with trac off and vsc wot ever thats means any ideas ?

Sounds like the car has detected a fault and put itself in limp mode, you will need a code reader to find out what code has been set, then you can diagnose from there.

Just take the Battery negative cable off for around 2 mins, it ll clear the fault. But beware it ll wipe your radio channel memory as well as existing mpg etc.

Please also buy a code reader these are cheap as chips from Amazon and eBay and will save you money instantly compared to the cost of having the codes read from a garage.

Regards,

Waqar

brill guys thanks for all the help done wot you said all sorted thank god

CHEERS

Keep and eye on the metal seal/ washer as Devon Ayugo said they are not reusable just as head, exhaust or most other gaskets hope no leaks in that area.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links