Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heated Seats

KATYB

Well i can tell you that the switch alone is £74 And why do they have a 16A fuse for it and all the wiring diagrams for it in the workshop manual and a reference to it in the iQ handbook. If its not an option. Its more professional to say to the customer " i'm sorry i don't know but will give you a definitive answer in a short while " rather than imagine a seat getting warm or 20 sec timer or adjusting mode buttons. Again experimenting in your time. Its great you got a good result but imagine how many people go in with engine complaints like the EGR issue and get fobbed off even when there is a bulletin about it or get told "its the way your driving it". Ok off my soap box

David

I also pointed out that there described in the car manual and was told that its a generic manual for other models ?

Thanks for pointing out the leather in that link but I was also told by Toyota customer relations they were never an option even with leather seats

Well in their assories catalogue there is the option for leather seats and can be bought as a kit which i did and borrowed upholsery tools and fitted them myself. £550 mind you. The thing with yours is that you have to notice straight away by peering under the front seats that the connector going to the elements isn't there. What on earth took them so long? Btw Chris iQ on here has hezted seats on leather factory fitted

David

In fact if you remove the blanking cover on the centre console you can see the heated seat connector block that goes onto the heated seat switched when fitted

David

I bet the heated seats are only an option in other European markets, even more so as the one in the link is a 1.4D which was never available in the UK.

Doesn't explain why Katy's car has all the wiring and switches

David

Chris iQ has them

David

Ah?

Sorry David, my car doesn't have factory fitted heated seats. I guess it's a Japanese/Euro option.

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ keyless entry ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

• 5 years later...
On 10/8/2014 at 2:58 PM, tarquin said:

Its interesting that the car was 12month old when you bought it and whoever ordered it from new would have ordered the heated seats as an extra. I wonder how many times they put their hands on the seats and said " oh i think they are getting a bit warm dear" " Don't be daft George, its because you have been sitting on them for the past 10mins"

It takes me back to my usual rant about dealers not employing professional electronics engineers and overcharging per hour while "engineers" learn on your car at your expense. Warranty here but could be you

David

Hi David

I'm hoping you could help me out with my weird heated seats. Basically both front seats would warm up for like 20 seconds but they wouldn't maintain that heat as most heated seats do, they just simply turn off for so long before kicking back in. I had both heating elements changed by toyota however still the same! But to make matters worse the LOW setting doesn't warm the seats up at all!! I've seen other threads but appear to be at a dead end. Car is a auris hybrid 2014. If its easier im happy to privately message my contact number instead of going back and forth 🤞 thank you in advance!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links