Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 1000Cc Vvt Yaris Won't Rev Past 4500 Rpm In Neutral Or Any Gear

SamyB

Hello everybody, my boy and I just bought his first car (59,000 miles, 1 owner, fsh, 1000cc Yaris GS vvt) to learn in and it runs fine, really great - unless the revs go to between 4200 and 4500 rpm.

Then its as though the rev limiter has kicked in - simply won't rev past that point, in any gear, at any speed. It also does it at stand still in neutral when the revs are pushed up.

Hence I'm not thinking its a fuel supply issue as probably it would be a problem at lower speeds and idle. Idles fine. Runs smooth, if not with limited 'zip' at town centre traffic speeds, which is probably what its done all its life.

To me this is an ecu, vvt, control/safety setting issue?????

Any ideas would be welcome.

Thanks

Could it be some sort of blockage in air intake? When was the air filter last changed?

Certainly a very weird problem!!

Probably a silly suggestion! Have you checked if there is anything preventing the pedal reaching it's full travel? e.g. carpet or aftermarket mat?

Thanks for the suggestions - unfortunately they're not the cause. Going to get the car hooked up to a diag to assess further and will keep you posted. Thank you.

Whats 4,200 rpm? Never been there.

• 1 year later...

did you even find out what the problem was? im having the exact same issue with my corolla t sport

• 3 years later...
On 8/14/2016 at 4:41 PM, sheltie said:

did you even find out what the problem was? im having the exact same issue with my corolla t sport

Did u ever find the problem mate ive got the same problem