Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Touch And Get Lost Sat Nav On Yaris

arthur256

I beta test for a well established developer of mapping solutions. As well as PC & Mac they currently support iPhone & Android (they also used to support Windows Mobile but until Windows Phone market penetration improves greatly it is not currently worth the investment). From them & the experience of their beta testing group it's obvious that Android is harder to develop for due to the fragmentation & the way that various manufacturers have implemented things. Often things that work perfectly on most brands handsets don't on 1 or 2 others. Even within a manufacturer's portfolio it's not unusual that what works on some of their handsets doesn't on others.

I'm sure that Toyota/Harman or whoever will say that it's as much up to the handset companies to ensure compatibility as them.

I'm also fairly sure that every car company will have compatibility lists too.

• 3 weeks later...

Input postcode for a show ground and end up on a housing estate.

Input postcode for hell on earth, sorry a Nordic retailer, and end up three miles away.

Checked and double checked codes but sat nav took us all round the houses, literally.

Is it me or is the touch and go sat nav er.... Crap?

(Mind you the car itself is great).

Sorry frostyballs and Arthur256 I thought I had come up with a great topic title after today's battle with the sat nav and I've only gone and plagarised a topic and a title.

No issue with the title - its been retained except for the '2014' - and no hint of plagarism.

The only reason the topics were merged is that they're both recent and essentially about the shortcomings of Touch & Go.

No worries.

Funny thing is I bought a Garmin Nuvi 52 and my comments on it would be exactly the same as you've said about the Yaris one.

It certainly is a bit short on warnings of a turn on SOME occasions.

Driving out of Calais with a 550 mile drive in front of me it immediately wanted me to turn down the first available cart track to nowhere.

I think my old bulky Tom Tom was better.

Alec.