Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Catalytic Failed At 60000Km? So Early.?

kai3747

as i mentioned in my previews post

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/163049-vsc-off-warning-engine-light-battery-remove-issues/#entry1355620

again i had the same issue with lights in the dash.(vlc,engine,and car drifting light;) i put it through car pc and it shows that the catalyst has issue.

the mechanic told me that the first step is to put in fuel an stp catalytic and we will see if the light turn on again.

Does anyone had the same problem before?

any cheap solution with out change the catalytic?

does the augo catalytic fits with no any mods?

You could try cleaning the cat with a solution of citric acid (10% dilution) and water. Leave the cat to soak in a heated bath of the solution for 6-7 hours.

A previous member of the Yaris club got his car through the MOT after it originally failed on emissions, by trying this.

There is a Youtube video on this if you search.

• Like 1

first i want to try the easy way with a fluid, if i take the catalytic out of the bonnet then i will change and the possition of the egr valve as i have. the ol one type

Old catalytic can not be moderated. You will need a whole new catalytic model.

'yes iam sure that is the cat. i spoke with a toyota part seller and told me to take out the catalytic and clean it with catalytic cleaner as frostyballs saiid above and to take to an ecxhaust center to change the solinoed of the egr from the top to the output tube.

Have you had issues of flooding near you? Has the car been in a flood or has it been driven through deep(er) flood water?

That can usually destroy a cat for many reasons (internal fouling, cold water quickly contracting a super hot cat etc). I ask as people fly through floods and then 3 months later wonder why their cat has failed.

Or have you had a misfire that you ignored? Or do you do lots of short runs? Or do you use cheap petrol?

no ,not anything at all from that , does anyone have the Toyota official announcment of the egr fault in iq ?