Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla E11 Aerial - To Pull Or Not To Pull!

Sarah99

My recent purchase of a 1999 Corolla 1.3L E11 has me a ittle perplexed.

The radio signal is very poor and the aerial attached to the drivers side pillar is about 3" long.

Does this seem right or is it supposed to extend a bit/lot more?

It is very tight and I am unable to pull it out any further, even after soaking in WD-40.

I'm afraid to apply force to try extending it as Im not sure if it actually should extend more.

Can anyone advise please?

Thanks guys.

From memory it should extend approx 10 inches or so. Could try using some releasing fluid rather than WD40 - eg Plus Gas.

Thanks FROSTYBALLS, after soaking it in WD-40 for a couple of days, I managed to extend it to it's full length :clown:

It's MASSIVE!! It must be about 20" or more!

Radio reception is now spot on, although the extended aerial is a magnet for vandals, least I forget to retract it.

Nice Panasonic Radio/CD player in it, but when I insert a CD (any CD) it won't play and gives some sort of "E" error.

I was driving it the other day and I noticed a knocking sound from the front wheel, it was knocking in sync with the speed of the wheel rotation. I was thinking of a large repair bill until I checked the wheelnuts and I was able to turn all 4 of em with my fingers!!

Wheel brace out, quick tighten and now all is good again. :clap:

CD fault is the laser failing to read the disc. You could try a cd cleaner disc, but best to removed the cd player, strip and clean the laser with a cotton but and some alcohol.

Or perhaps try another radio. You have a panasonic stereo, so it sounds like you have a toyota to iso lead already installed.

To remove, prise out the central vents, remove the two 10mm screws underneath to remove the radio pod and lift out.

The rest will be self explanatory.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links