Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Leaking With Pictures

POTLUCK

So my avensis has a number of problem at the moment incuding black smoke and power loss but the one that is bothering me most and i think i should look at first is this oil leak.

I took of my engine cover and found oil all over the place so i clean it all up and started the engine to see if i could see the leak, I left it run for over 10mins reving and letting idel but i could not see any leak.

so i took it for a 1minute(or less) spin up up the road and this is what i found.

is it stange that it did not leak untill i actually drove it?

Advice need please

post-143434-0-58204100-1410379693_thumb.

post-143434-0-48710500-1410379696_thumb.

It may be that the engone got up to temperature whilst you were on your 1 min drive triggering the leak. I take that it is engine oil leaking.

Yeah maybe. It's an avensis 2003 2.0d4d by the way. What would fix it, new seals or something?

1. Have you checked your engine oil level??? is it okay?

2. Are you sure its not diesel. It can show up sometimes as oil but infact all that mess is called by diesel. If this is the case, your injector seals are gone which are not so bad to replace unless your injectors have to be taken out by taking the camcover off.

regards,

Waqar

Alan that is diesel under the injector pipes, I would try and tighten union nuts first 17mm spanner will be needed.

if you want to tighten to torque spec you will need a 17mm crows foot spanner socket.

To injectors 34 nm 25 lbf ft

to common rail 41nm 30 lbf ft

if this does not fix the leaking I would move on the injector seals.look at my attachment 23681a

the power loss and black smoke- clean your egr valve click on the link below;

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/114711-2003-d4d-egr-clean/

is there any engine management lights?

post-125194-0-61290000-1410444461_thumb.

• Like 1

Hi thanks for the replys lads.

Well I did at first think it was diesel but when I cleaned everything up and got it leaking again I dipped a tissue onto the fluid and it was thick, black and did not smell like diesel. Is there anyway possible that oil can come out of these pipes?

Oil level does seem to be going down and there is a black patch on the ground where the car is parked.

I have a similar problem. Engine oil level is going down. Very slowly but it is. For example its used 1 liter of oil since the last service which was 5000 miles ago.

And Iv got a very dirty rocker cover and now the oil seems to be dripping down the sides right down to the bottom.of the engine. I know this because I took my car for a wheel alignment. When they had it on the ramps I saw the sump was covered in oil but it seems to be coming from the upper half of the engine.

I dnt think its diesel but it might be. When my injector seals gave way my trusted mechanic started the car and opened the oil cap. We could clearly hear the chuffing noise of the injector. I cant hear that now so I think its oil since thats the only thing thats reducing.

Need to find a solution for this.

Hi my first. I opened the oil cap and I think I could hear chuffing. Should it kind sound and feel like an exhaust blowing? Did you get your injector seals done?

Hi my first. I opened the oil cap and I think I could hear chuffing. Should it kind sound and feel like an exhaust blowing? Did you get your injector seals done?

My car doesnt sound any different when I take the oil cap off but it does look a bit like an exhaust blowing air out so you're right. Sound is no different to a normal running engine. A bit louder maybe but nothing inparticular Id notice.

Yes I had my injector seals changed about a year ago. My mechankc cleaned the engine cover then but now its filthy again because of the oil leaking. I need a solution for that.

So apart from tightening the union bolts theres nothing else that can be done?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links