Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Previa Brake Pedal Hardens Unexpectedly Sometimes

awaisgondal

Hi in my 2001 previa diesel i have got problem with brake pedal aswell .it becomes so hard sometimes that you literally have to stand over to stop the car

Can anyone help me about its reason

Thanks

Modern cars have power assisted brakes, your braking effort is amplified by a brake servo (or brake booster as some people like to call it). They're usually vacuum operated and when a fault occurs, usually due to a leaky hose or a faulty servo, the symptom is a loss of the extra power supplied by the servo - that means you have to provide all the braking force yourself. Do you have any warning lights? If not, you'll need to check vacuum hoses, etc. first. If there are no leaks, then there's most likely a fault with the servo itself.

Seek professional garage help with this as you are not confident or experienced enough to work on car brakes

(As per you previous posts)

Hi in my 2001 previa diesel i have got problem with brake pedal aswell .it becomes so hard sometimes that you literally have to stand over to stop the car

Can anyone help me about its reason

Thanks

How many miles has the car covered as the vacuum pump requires an overhaul at 120,000miles in cars with 1CD 2.0 D4D failure to do so can result in a lack of vacuum assistance for the servo giving rise to brake issues.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links