Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pedals

Kerby

has anyone else had trouble puttin there own pedals on. it has just taken me 2 and a half hours to put mine on cos the arms for the pedals get in the way and the accelerator pedel is just an a**e full stop :ffs:

Lol! Took me a while! And yes the arms get in the way :censor: you did take the rubber grips off the clutch and brake so it left the bare metal? The accelerator is just plastic so can drill straight through. Took me ages to drill through the metal, but thats coz i realised i was using drill pieces for wood&walls :lol: Got any pix mate?

lol yes i did take the rubber off. i had a prob with the accelerator cos the screws werent long enough so i had to put it off to one side. luckyly it still covered the original pedal. i have to say i prefer it with the new pedals. lots more grip. my feet dont slide off anymore. it still took me ages with the correct drill bit. and half way through my Battery ran out of juice. i was not impress cos my mum wanted me to take her somewhere and i couldnt

here u go mate

2-picture.gif

plus i had to file down one side of the nut so it would fit infront of the arm. av u got any pics of urs?

Same problem for me with the accelerator! i jus used longer screws and alot of washers, altho there rnt ne nuts or washers on the top screw :rolleyes:

i havent even put any screws on the top one there is a bit of the accelartor in the way and i had, had enough by that point. so will prob have another go when i have got my patience back

are they the rip-speed ones from Halfords? im thinking off getting a set of those and could you tell me if they have rubber grips on them.

thanks

andy

hi mate

yes they are the ripspeed ones in titanium. they have a rubber bit on the back of them which has bit stickin trough the metel plate thats is wot the black dots are

;)

Hi,

I posted this problem up ages ago and i had the same problem.

The clutch and brake pads were easy enough, the rubber came off and toyota had already made pre-drilled hole into the metal pad which was great. (Clever thinking by toyota :D )

Untill i came to the accelerator pad :( , it fits onto the metal brace like a glove so you cant screw onto anything so i ended up leaving it for the moment.

So would i have to drill through the pad and brace, i think if i done this i would have to put the new pad off centre cause the pads would be to close to the side, would this cause any trouble to the brace etc, i.e. twist it or move.

Thanks

I will try and get pics up as soon as possible.

ok this proves how bored i am today. this is basicly how my pedal has gone onto my accelerator

4-picture.gif

hope this helps. it shouldnt twist or anythin. cos the thing wouldnt budge when i tried to pull it off. seem pretty solid on there

ok i must have done it right then. mind you i had no other choice. its the only place it would go

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links