Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4 2004 Nrg Auto

Z3mcoupe999

Hi just new to forum only just recently purchased a 2003 rav Nrg petrol 2.0 4x4 Auto for the girlfriend , been a great wee car the time we have owned it but yesterday while doing maybe 15mph the car started to judder as if it was in too high a gear for the speed I managed to get a mile down the road then turned the car off . Re started the car and seemed to be ok changing up thro the gears ok and down but there is a problem now I have noticed that when your off the throttle the revs just drop as if its in neutral ok any gear and feels like its free wheeling ? Also the fuel consupsiom seems quite high . Anyone ever experienced this or any ideas

Hi just new to forum only just recently purchased a 2003 rav Nrg petrol 2.0 4x4 Auto for the girlfriend , been a great wee car the time we have owned it but yesterday while doing maybe 15mph the car started to judder as if it was in too high a gear for the speed I managed to get a mile down the road then turned the car off . Re started the car and seemed to be ok changing up thro the gears ok and down but there is a problem now I have noticed that when your off the throttle the revs just drop as if its in neutral ok any gear and feels like its free wheeling ? Also the fuel consupsiom seems quite high . Anyone ever experienced this or any ideas

First off welcome to the club :)

Have a read of this thread and if you feel its gearbox related, get the ECU fixed ASAP, as the problems only get worse....

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/158050-rav-4-transmission/?hl=%2Bgearbox+%2Bfault#entry1330134

Hi thanks will probably take the ecu off and send it away after reading that to be checked , has any one ever used rav4ecurepair.co.uk part of

Www.catronics.co.uk

Just wonderd if anyone had used them

Hi thanks will probably take the ecu off and send it away after reading that to be checked , has any one ever used rav4ecurepair.co.uk part of

Www.catronics.co.uk

This thread covers who best to use....

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/145198-rav4-auto-gearbox-issues-ecu-or-gearbox/

Www.catronics.co.uk

I can heartily recommend ECUTesting in Derbyshire. Very good turnaround and lifetime warranty on the fix. Quote that you're TOC member and you'll get a 10% discount.

So set the ecu off got it back today connected back up and car seemed ok for about 10 min until car warmed up then straight back to how it was , no engine brake in any gear and OD doesn't seem to work. If I turn the OD off the car drives perfect all the time no issues at all, anyone have any ideas ?

So set the ecu off got it back today connected back up and car seemed ok for about 10 min until car warmed up then straight back to how it was , no engine brake in any gear and OD doesn't seem to work. If I turn the OD off the car drives perfect all the time no issues at all, anyone have any ideas ?

You could get in touch with the ECU repairer, see if they have come across that problem.

It's seems the OD does not work untill the car reaches working temperature, so is the thermostat working ok ?