Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Highest Mileage Carina

CarinaIIestateman

I thought it would be interesting to see what mileage is possible from the unbreakable old Carina!

Mine has passed 220,00 miles now and no sign of letting up anytime soon. The 4-af engine has never been apart, only recieved oil and ancillary bits and pieces. Still pulls like you wouldn't believe when you get the revs up high.. and you know it's totally dependable for any distance you wish to travel.

I've heard of people getting insane miles out of them, so does anyone know of any Carina's of any type going on seemingly forever?

192k miles on my 1996 Carina E -but has been off the road for a while now - I have seen tales of taxi's doing half a million miles in their services lives

I thought it would be interesting to see what mileage is possible from the unbreakable old Carina!

Mine has passed 220,00 miles now and no sign of letting up anytime soon. The 4-af engine has never been apart, only recieved oil and ancillary bits and pieces. Still pulls like you wouldn't believe when you get the revs up high.. and you know it's totally dependable for any distance you wish to travel.

I've heard of people getting insane miles out of them, so does anyone know of any Carina's of any type going on seemingly forever?

Hello Rob, still driving mine and doing 64 miles a day, currently got 346000 and some odds on the clock just now. Its a 1.6 4AFE and its 1993.

Best car ive ever had and I know i'll not get the likes again.

guy said on last mot they had one in with 652k on the clock, just wish theyd make cars like that now

I wasn't expecting over 600,000, amazing! - over 300,000 on any car is an incredible life in my book. What I like is that all the small things, like electric sunroof, mirrors etc keep on working so long on these japanese cars, although I've been through all the doors on my '91 fixing the motors and linkages over the years. With no 88-92's in local scrapyards (they're always a job to find) I once put the bushes from scrapyard Carina E window motors into my back door motors which has worked for ages now..

The corona as a taxi with the 75hp diesel (without turbo) could reach easily about 1.200.000 km with proper maintenance.Then it needs a rebuilt.The corona with 83hp (turbocharged) about 1.000.000.The 4afe (petrol) makes about 450.000 - 500.000 km.Then needs a rebuilt.

• 1 month later...

My Carina E, TD 1996 is soon 400 000km. I drive it in Norway. Cold start is never a problem :)