Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Brake Actuator

Peter Henry

I realise this has been covered before but wanted up to date information. My handbrake has seized and I ve been advised the actuator has gone. Estimated cost £1100 plus labour as 4 months out of warranty.

My local dealership have so far refused to offer any financial help. The car has been serviced regularly but just at an independant garage. Has anyone got any ideas or advice, is anybody out there, am I really alone??

You could approach Toyota to see if they will provide goodwill, but goodwill works both ways. If you had a FSH with a Toyota dealer rather than an independent, they may look at it more favorably, as it is, you are at their mercy. It would be worth constructing a nice polite letter to Toyota and see if they can do anything, if there is some Toyota service history, you may get a contribution

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Older Ford C-Max had similar problems and that was expensive to fix.

I can not believe that it should cost that much plus labour, good only knows what the total bill would be.

Seems to blow a hole in Toyota legendary reliability!

The C-max I had did not suffer with that problem, it had the dreaded EGR problem instead. I don't think I would buy a car with this type of brake but many manufacturers still fit them.

The handbrake actuator has been modified, if you have full TFSH then you might benefit from a contribution, but not if you have taken it out of the network for servicing

Parts-King - Can you advise the date from which the modified actuators were fitted?