Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Touch 2 Traffic Question

ic2

Just treated myself to a touring sport (64) from a hatchback (13) so gone from touch & go to a touch 2.

The satnav has a icon (triangle with traffic) on the right which the manual says either gives you normal map mode or traffic map mode, pressing it gives me a black and white map or one with some colour so i don't know which is which.

Looking in the manual is no help as both pictures are in black and white!

Any owners out there who can tell me which is which as they both seem to be exactly the same? I have set traffic info over the internet via my phones 'hotspot'.

Regards

I'll begin with an "I don't know for definite", but I've just tried mine tonight and I also get the black & white map.

I had assumed that as the colour map seems to be the default setting, that will be the none traffic map, with the traffic map being activated when the icon is tapped.

Next time I'm on a decent run, I'll try them both out.

Just popped into the dealer and talked to a techie, he is saying the colour map is the traffic one.

regards

Thanks for the update, that's the opposite to what I'd thought.

• 3 months later...

Have you managed to get Traffic updates via the Internet? If so, on which screen, colour or black on white?

Delays, even with no route entered shows for me on the colour screen.

Thanks Ian

Did you have any problems setting it up? Yesterday I had no problem connecting to the Internet via my phone's bluetooth, I even got a weather forecast (just to prove the connection). I selected Traffic Updates via Internet - the response was 'Connected' - but no traffic info was displayed so I reverted to TMC.

It seems my phone can always connect via bluetooth and call are fine.

Today the phone connects OK but no Internet.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I also get this, i only see delays (red line on the map) when i go into the area of congestion, with no route entered, if i enter a route then it normally re-routes me automatically. To make sure its working , i sometimes click on the "show all" tab on the traffic message setting, it normally brings up congestion at least 10 miles away, it gives me comfort that at least i can get the info.

If i select traffic via TMC, nothing is shown under "show all" i only get that if its over the net.

regards

Interesting - I seem to have the reverse! I think a visit to the dealer is required.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links