Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking At A Yaris T Sport

RND92__

A guy down the street from me is selling his yaris t sport, it's a 51 plate, thunder grey, it has 200,000 miles on the clock, but the engine has had all the components replaced brand new! Looking for around £1000 for it, do I look at, test drive it and if I like it buy it or do I just walk away? What's everyone's opinions?

Never buy before you try,

If it runs well and he has full documentation and its in good nick then its worth a punt

• Like 1

Good way to think of it buddy, yea it looks in good condition, I see it regularly, apparently it has all the receipts for all the work and the from end has just been resprayed, worth doing a hpi check?

Good way to think of it buddy, yea it looks in good condition, I see it regularly, apparently it has all the receipts for all the work and the from end has just been resprayed, worth doing a hpi check?

I do, at 200K miles it's a lottery, it might have had componants changed on it but no way is it £1,000 worth........sorry......just my opinion

Thanks, your opinion helps :), I'm torn between what to do with it, it's going to be far more economical than my 1999 fiesta, I spend about £164 a month on fuel for that and reading up the t sport has better economy

Well put it this way, I bought a 51 plate 1.4 Corolla (Yes i know, not the same car) in excellent condition, had done about 76K I think, great all round, good tyres bla bla bla.............. £500

Personally, I would not part with £1,000 for a car with 200K on it, your choice :thumbsup:

Puts it into good perspective then haha, I'll have a good think about it I think, it's a pretty big gamble

One new clutch will cost £500.

A new exhaust will be c £250.

So if you buy a 200k miles car, be prepared to scrap it when anything serious goes wrong.

At £1k to buy, it's an expensive gamble.

£500 and a year's MOT.. OK.

How long is the MOT? I guess it will be 6 months or less. Run away if it is under 11 months...

Not sure, I think I'm going to leave it to be honest and look elsewhere, can't get my head around the mileage and that I get the feeling the reliability won't be as "bulletproof" as jap cars are renowned for, I personally prefer to buy a phase 2 yaris if anyone is selling one

I buy and sell cars and im in the industry. 200K on a Yaris for 1k? Only a 51 reg!!!!!! I think he's taking you for a mug, thats really expensive, i sold a yaris 1999 last monday with 69k miles all service etc for £1050.... And 200k for £1000 only 2 years newer? He's having a laugh. Your better of getting a 1.3 or 1.0 normal Yairs rather than the T- sport.

Thanks for that information ToyotaAuris, Ive decided to leave that yaris alone as I think it's way too much of a gamble, I preferably want a phase 2 yaris t sport, as I am in the middle of saving up for one, it was just convienient that this one came up for sale when I was looking for one although not a phase 2, so I thought I'd get people's opinions on the car because of the mileage and for the price on here

If everything else is ok, and you want the vehicle, why not offer a "take it or leave it" £500?

But then, if he accepts the offer you may be thinking "whats wrong with it?"