Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reverse Light.

zigman

Hi guys, I am really getting fed up with the lack of lighting the reverse light gives. In the dark, I can hardly see anything when reversing. Does anybody know how I can get a bit more light when reversing?

Thanks

A lot of people have been saying about it and the answer is an led reverse light

I currently have a cree bulb in there but that didn't change anything. I take it led bulbs are brighter than cree?

To be honest I'm unsure as I have the same issue but can't find the thread that someone had done

It's a really annoying problem. At one point I thought of getting a facelift rear bumper, fitting round drls where the reflectors are and wiring them up to the reverse light. But after having to respray the bumper it would just be a bit too expensive.

Unless you fit drl lights in in th bottom of the rear bumper and wire them in

The problem is that with the pre-facelift bumper it would look very out of place and I don't have the skill to modify it so it doesn't lol

Very true u could sit them slightly back so they are in the shadow of the bumper

I'll have to think of something, don't really want them to be hanging down like a truck lol

That's true! I'm certainly going to have to have a good think about it.

Yeah this has been discussed somewhere. Only option is to install extra lightning. With LED you won't see any more actually. The reflector of the light is made so that it spreads the light very wide. Cree is a type of LED and is very bright, brighter than normal LED and brighter than SMD LED. That's my impression.

You can install HIDs instead of your reverse bulbs, that will help. It may blind the drivers behind you when parking on side of a street with traffic though. You can make HID for one side and keep ordinary bulb on another. When necessary just use custom switch to turn the HID on. For this you will have to order rear lamp unit from Auris made for EU, or if you're not from UK then buy lamp for UK. Fog lights are on different sides if you compare UK model and EU model so by replacing the lamp which has the fog light lens you will get white lenses on both sides.

One more option is to install DRL or some LED light unit seen on trucks. These are very effective and can be also operated using custom switch. I've been thinking to do this mod on my car but haven't had time yet. Best place would be inside, on the parcel shelf or on the sides of rear window I guess. Under the car is nice too but hard to install and keep clean. Also aiming might be difficult.

For the post facelift, the reverse light bulbs are W16W (955).

Changing the subject slightly, does anyone have a problem with the light not coming on only when the driver side door is opened?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links