Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Wishbones Corroded. Are They Easy To Replace ?

doctorc

Hi all,

I had a shock today when I took my 2006 Avensis to dealer to check air con as its not cold anymore.... that part will be expensive as they said condenser needs replacing and high pressure hose. .. total cost £750. That wasn't the shock. ....

They did a safety report video and told me Front wishbones corroded, and car shouldn't be driven as front offside wishbone has holes in it. ... well they want you to be frightened and leave car with them to change at £320 per side. ....i took it home. .. checked it and yes there are holes in thin middle part of wishbone which is designed with hole anyway, but outer thicker part is solid. ... Just to be safe i will get them replaced and have seen i can buy pair for £70 on eBay. ...... my question though is are they easy to replace ?

Thanks

A decent socket set is all that's required. Two bolts and three nuts. A breaker bar will be required for leverage with the bolts. Keeping the original ball joints will certainly simplify the job.

• Like 1