Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Lux 2008 Service

Darrant

Hi I've got a 2008 3.0 hi lux and its just gone 90,000 miles. The t belt light has come on but no oil change light. Its been serviced every 10,000 by the previous owner.

Does the t belt need doing now as from what I've read it needs doing at 100,000 but getting conflicting stories. Could any one shed any light on this?

The correct replacement schedule is 100,000 miles or 10 years which ever soonest, the reminder light is just that and comes on early to give plenty of warning.

That's a good idea! Wonder why it's not used on other models?

my brother had same problem with his ute, he did the belt and the light remained, nobody can reset it, not even toyota.

thanks for the replies, its been booked into Toyota anyway for a new belt fitting. I have read the light can be reset by holding he odometer button while turning the key etc. Toyota can sort it :)

find it very strange though that it warns 10,000 miles early.....

find it very strange though that it warns 10,000 miles early.....

I would sooner it come on early and give me plenty of time to save up for it. I have seen people completely ignore warning lights and put tape over them, like in the hope that not seeing the light will somehow make changing the belt or whatever go away!!

Its good it warns but I find 10,000 quite a lot of warning. I knew it was due around 100,000 anyway but then to get conflicting stories and to ring a local Toyota garage who didn't know either was a bit strange. 289 inc vat I fit a supplied belt. bit steep too considering its supposed to be an hours work. oh well least there is comeback if something goes wrong :)

Its good it warns but I find 10,000 quite a lot of warning. I knew it was due around 100,000 anyway but then to get conflicting stories and to ring a local Toyota garage who didn't know either was a bit strange. 289 inc vat I fit a supplied belt. bit steep too considering its supposed to be an hours work. oh well least there is comeback if something goes wrong :)

10K warning before its due seems to be about the norm

The cost shouldn't be more than an hour's labour, the belt and the vat

To reset timing light :-

1.turn trip meter to odo reading

2.hold trip meter button down

3. turn on ign while holding down button

4. hold till it comes up with a number like 1

5. press lots till it says 15

6.hold it in till it resets

job done

• Like 2

The T-Belt light came on in a Hiace my Dad once owned at 50k miles. The belt got changed but the light was never reset, but it went off when it turned 100k miles.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links