Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid Icon+ - Boot Features Help

JJ-D

Hello

I have a brand new Auris Hybrid Icon +.
Can someone help clarify about the boot. This picture from the sales brochure shows no. 1 and 2 having an easy flat system and Dual-level deckboard. My car does not have these features and the car dealer is saying it is not standard (on the Icon+, it is only on the Icon and Excel)…however the brochure says * Icon, Sport and Excel grades only.
Does anyone else have these features?

Thanks in advance

10517362_10152443733316559_9010173922510

post-143519-0-26778700-1411382983_thumb.

First of all, you're looking at an old brochure - with the latest spec of the Auris, the Icon Plus replaced the Sport.

If you check the latest brochure on the Toyota website, it shows the double floor as being standard on the Icon, Icon Plus and Excel.

So I would suggest you go back to your dealer with a copy of the latest brochure (or a print from the downloaded brochure), which shows the Icon Plus should have the double floor.

• Like 1

First of all, you're looking at an old brochure - with the latest spec of the Auris, the Icon Plus replaced the Sport.

If you check the latest brochure on the Toyota website, it shows the double floor as being standard on the Icon, Icon Plus and Excel.

So I would suggest you go back to your dealer with a copy of the latest brochure (or a print from the downloaded brochure), which shows the Icon Plus should have the double floor.

Thank you for your reply.

They obviously are still using up their old brochures.

I have found the new brochure on the Toyota webste and it does state that the double floor should be standard..as shown on these two links:

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/sharedlive.toyotaretail.co.uk/flipbook_brochures/auris-hybrid/auris-hybrid.html#p=23

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/sharedlive.toyotaretail.co.uk/flipbook_brochures/auris-hybrid/auris-hybrid.html#p=54

However I am bit confused as looking at the specs on their website - at the bottom of this page under Equipment -> Loadspace, it shows the Dual level deckboard on the icon plus hybrid as not available. http://www.toyota.co.uk/new-cars/auris-specs-prices :ermm:

When Sport was replaced by Icon + the dual level deck board was removed as standard spec on Icon+. There was a bulletin released recently and a deck board is now being fitted as standard to Icon+ again but there is a brief run of cars since Icon+ first launched that do not have the deck board included.

When Sport was replaced by Icon + the dual level deck board was removed as standard spec on Icon+. There was a bulletin released recently and a deck board is now being fitted as standard to Icon+ again but there is a brief run of cars since Icon+ first launched that do not have the deck board included.

Thank you. Do you happen to know when the Sport was replaced by Icon + and also when the deck board then became standard again on the Icon + ?

Apart from this, is there another way to tell if my car is one of those in the brief run of cars that you mention. Any other features?

Thank you. Do you happen to know when the Sport was replaced by Icon + and also when the deck board then became standard again on the Icon + ?

Apart from this, is there another way to tell if my car is one of those in the brief run of cars that you mention. Any other features?

Production of Sport Stopped May 2014 and Icon + Started, the bulletin about reintroduction of the deck board states August production onwards includes a boot deck again. Basically if you have an Icon + built before August 2014 it did not have a dual level deck board.

Production of Sport Stopped May 2014 and Icon + Started, the bulletin about reintroduction of the deck board states August production onwards includes a boot deck again. Basically if you have an Icon + built before August 2014 it did not have a dual level deck board.

Thanks - how can i find out when when it was built? I purchased beginning of Sept. Can't see anything in the log book.

Is there anything else missing in the pre-August cars?

Thanks - how can i find out when when it was built? I purchased beginning of Sept. Can't see anything in the log book.

PM your chassis number and I can confirm build date and no the only difference pre and post August 2014 is the boot deck

'The Duck Test' applies here, but, if it turns out not to be so, you're going to need good luck with the claim.

PM your chassis number and I can confirm build date and no the only difference pre and post August 2014 is the boot deck

Thank you, have PM'd you.

So I take it the Toyota website just hasnt been updated then with this?

'The Duck Test' applies here, but, if it turns out not to be so, you're going to need good luck with the claim.

How do you mean?

Without prejudice - the Duck Test is defined as:

'If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck.'

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I too got a icon + hybrid, which dont have the dual boot compartment, can i make a claim about it and what would they do about it?

You can ask, but as with any manufacturer the brochures and e-brochures contain a disclaimer which, in the case of Toyota, state:

Brochure: While every effort is made to reproduce accurate information, we reserve the right to change specifications, equipment and availability without prior notice. This brochure cannot be regarded as infallible (some of the vehicles shown may not be to exact UK specification), and as such does not constitute an offer for sale of any particular vehicle or specification. Fuel-consumption values quoted throughout this brochure are determined according to EC Directive 1999/100/EC. The results do not express or imply any guarantee of actual fuel consumption. For the latest specification and availability, we ask that you contact your local Toyota Centre.
E-brochure: Whilst every effort is made to reproduce accurate information, we reserve the right to change specifications, equipment and availability without prior notice. This e-brochure can not be regarded as infallible, (some of the vehicles shown may not be to exact UK specification), and as such does not constitute an offer for sale of any particular vehicle of specification. For the latest specification and availability we ask that you contact your local Toyota Centre.

I too got a icon + hybrid, which dont have the dual boot compartment, can i make a claim about it and what would they do about it?

No you can't make a claim as there is no defect, the Auris Icon + was initially sold without a dual Deck this is not a fault it was the correct specification of that car at the time of its sale, just because it was included with other models and reintroduced later on does not mean that you are entitled to one, you can of course ask but expect a polite "No" .

The part is available for you to purchase if you really want it.

• Like 1

Hi - just an update, my dealer has agreed to give me this part so it is worth asking.

That great! Would definitely ask the dealer about it. So was it easy to put in? How about tools? Do have the basic tools like the car jack rathenr than just the tire repair kit? i was only provided the kit.

Thanks

I too noticed the difference and challenged the salesman about the dual deck thing before buying. He gave me some waffle and I couldn't be bothered interpreting what convoluted response to make. At the moment with a young baby I doubt I'd get any benefit from said device as the buggy folded takes up 50% of the boot space! Red :)

Went back to the dealer and the manager looked at the boot and was suprised why no dual deck compartment was installed,and was promised he will order it and fit it free of charge.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi

Have you got your boot floor fitted yet and was it straight forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Quick update my dealer has fitted second boot floor and given me jack and wheel brace F.O.C. unfortunately no spacesaver tho.

Auris hybrid icon plus on 14 plate (may)

Gaz