Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Auris Icon+ Touch 2 Sat Nav - No Sound!

redadair

Hi all,

Is there a magic button to resolve the issue above? We did have it working when I picked up the car. However, my lovely wife has somehow, unwittingly, managed to "silence" the sat nav announcements.

I entered a route and set off on a journey. I anticipated when a turn announcement would / is / should / does come up and ramp up the volume but that only results in the radio being blasted.

I tried to dabble in some sat nav settings but could not see anything obvious.

Any help gratefully received. Red!

Not anywhere near the car so this is from memory. If you go to set up, then general it should bring up 3 volume settings (satnav, phone & radio) so you can increase/ decrease from there.

The old touch & go I had, the volume button was on the screen rather than in the bowels of the system. If that does not bring it up, let me know and i will wander out to the car.

regards

• Like 1

Many thanks IC2!!! It worked a treat I can now hear sat nav instructions, yay! Thank you again!

One last question on the topic:

Is there a way to repeat the sat nav instruction other than the tiny icon on the touch screen?

I find my fat fingers pressing zoom whilst driving and attempting to repeat the instruciton which is annoying!

Is there a steering wheel facility or "knob" on the dash for this?

Hi

Glad you got it working. The answer to your question is no, as far as I know.

regards

• Like 1

I also had this problem - there are some icons arranged vertically on the right hand side of the screen display, one is an ear - if the sound is muted the ear icon shows a muted sign within the icon, press this once and the sound should return. It seems to happen if you inadvertently touch the icon (I too have fat fingers!! ).

Joe

• Like 1

I also had this problem - there are some icons arranged vertically on the right hand side of the screen display, one is an ear - if the sound is muted the ear icon shows a muted sign within the icon, press this once and the sound should return. It seems to happen if you inadvertently touch the icon (I too have fat fingers!! ).

Joe

Many thanks Joe, I find the icons you mentioned hard enough to see and use when in the passenger seat never mind driving! :)

I'll keep an eye out for the muted ear icon next time, cheers! Red :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links