Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav4 Squeaky Rear Suspension

Rick Pullar

Hey all. My 2008 RAV4 has really, really squeaky rear suspension. It is now too noisy to drown out with the stereo!

As I use the car to lug around my musical equipment I was wondering about upgrading to maybe a proper off road set up or towing springs

Does anyone have any experience of this? I want to make the ride a bit firmer and stronger because there is quite a bit of weight and I do get a bit of a move on driving home at 2am!

I know that I will need to change both springs and shocks and that's fine.

Any input would be very much appreciated, what type and the best place to source them

Many thanks in advance

Hello. I had a loud squeek coming from the back of my 2008 rav4 and thought it was the suspension.

It turned out to be the panel just below the number plate on the back door. Try opening the door and put your hand underneath and give it a push to see if it's making the same noise. I found out whilst cleaning the car!

I got it fixed by a local garage whilst it was getting serviced. The garage removed the panel and refitted it with some foam to pad out the panel from and some sealant. Didn't cost me anything, so must have been a quick and easy job. The squeek never came back after that.

Hope this helps.