Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid Internet Connection Yes And No

redadair

Hi all, I have a 2014 Touch and Go 2 and managed to pair multiple phones to it.

One of the phones I mentioned to hook up the internet connection.

So I registered on customer portal, put in my car details etc etc and managed to (somehow) download a few apps, namely:

weather

fuel prices

parking etc

Water something

Anyway, all the free ones.

I jump in my car, connect to my weather app, it works a treat. Similarly fuel prices and parking all tell me connecting to intenet via phone and warn me of charges etc.

However, when I try to send my car details to Toyota (eu) it attempts to connect but eventually fails. Same for "Google Street View" and "Panaroma" - these are default apps I think.

Why is my phone's internet connection working great for some apps but stalls on others? I know some apps require the car not to be moving whilst being used. So I sit in my car in the driveway and look like a muppet.

Any ideas why internet is a hit and miss? Cheers! Red!

• Like 1

Sorry, not much help but google street view works OK for me.

Does the connection just time out then fail, just wondering if you are in a poor reception area for 3G as with google you are probably downloading a lot of data - does it happen in a city/ town centre?

regards

Hi Ian, thanks for the reply.

I'm in a 4G area in Manchester. I regularly get the "H+" symbol and enjoy broadband speeds on my phone. For example I can watch Sky Go with very little buffering. I don't have a problem with (phone) internet at my home.

This is the scenario:

Sit in my drive and power on so radio appears

Navigate to the weather app, confirm this may cost, it whirs around the logo comes up - low and behold I get a weather forecast

Same goes for parking app

Same goes for Fuel app

I try any other app or any connection to Toyota eu it whirs for a long time and fails with "cannot establish connection" or something.

I can use the fuel, weather and parking apps when I am driving in Manchester at circa 30-40mph too

Cheers! Red!

• Like 1

I have the same issue when I try and send the car details to mytoyota.eu, its never worked, like you it just errors out, so I have now given up.

Not sure why google is giving you errors though?

Same for me, phone is all connected fine along with the freebie apps but "search the internet" and it comes up with "failed to connect"

Thanks guys, I'll bring it up with the dealer in about 48 hours (going for a visit) and demonstrate what is not working...

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I'll bring it up with the dealer in about 48 hours (going for a visit) and demonstrate what is not working...

Keep us posted John!

• Like 1

You'll never guess what happened this morning:

Travelling on a busy A road in MCR I stopped at lights and quickly pressed the google strret view app, it whirred round and eventually returned a screenshot of the road I was (just like you would see on a PC)

I then tried the panorama app, similar thing happened but it seemed to take ages. I had to move with the traffic but when I moved back to map I saw larger colourful icons like POI enlarged. I'll test it again on the commute home.

So I quickly pressed the submit car details to Toyota and it appeared to work - what it did or has done I am not entirely sure!

I think some "areas" do not have "google street" or "panorama" entries or something....?! ie my home address is not popular enough to waste on downloading a google street view!

Interesting John, I will keep trying with crossed fingers.

Finally sorted and all connected, YAY.

Not sure what I did but in my last post, the car had only done 60 miles and I seem to recall seeing, on the Toyoya Portal, that the mileage had to be more than 200 to register???

I have since, been to Wales and put on 600ish miles, so whoopie do.

Thanks for the help