Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jemca Aggressive Selling

Peterkin

I've more or less had it with Jemca.

My Verso came up for its service / MOT a few days ago. Now, I don't mind an advance reminder from a dealer. It's a useful prompt, even though I already keep important dates like that in my calendar. But Jemca sent me texts, emails and phone calls practically every other day for weeks. In the end - and in my own time and when I was ready - I booked the service. The following day? Yet another call from Jemca, telling me it was time to book my service. The poor sap who called got a well-deserved rantlet from me.

So the date arrives and I take the car in. While I'm waiting for my lift to turn up, I notice that a guy keeps coming out from the back for a little chat with the while-you-wait customers. And in every case, he suggests it would be a good idea to have an air-conditioning recharge.

Later, I'm at work. The call comes from Jemca. "Car's fine, Peterkin, but isn't it time you had the aircon recharged?"

"No, it's not!"

The service itself seems to have been done properly and the dealership (Bracknell) is well enough run, but it seems to have been infected by an upsell culture that wasn't there when Octagon ran the place.

The biggest issue is the loss of trust this has caused me. I no longer trust Jemca to make any recommendation to me that has any regard to my safety and welfare, rather than their bottom line. Raw revenue seems to be all they're after now.

Does anyone have recommendations for alternatives in the Bracknell-Reading area? The trouble is that Jemca are only 10 minutes' drive from home, so they're my default dealership.