Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Sound Proofing Panel On Bonnet ?

jazzyman

I have a droning noise from the bonnet area on tick over. I think the problem maybe loose clips on the sound proofing panel on the bonnet, all the clips are loose. How do you remove these clips? I have tried levering off with a screwdriver but they are so tight and will probably snap if I exert any more force.

post-61491-0-11609400-1412109135_thumb.j

I removed mine and it was a pain. If you really want it off (removed mine in pursuit of cleaner look) you need to pry and pull the clips out with a lot of force.

If you just want to find the source of the rattles then I would suggest not to remove the panel. Probably it is not causing the sound as clips are supposed to be loose. They were like that on mine aswell. To be sure you can insert something in between the bonnet and panel in 4-6 spots to keep the panel still and prevent it from contacting the metal. Then see if the sound disappears or stays.

DqQ0o8T.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links